NINE

"So, How are we waking this sleeping beauty up?" Alix asked, grinning like a wolf at the sight of its prey.

They were all standing in Marinette's room, surrounding her bed. Where Marinette was sleeping peacefully. A nightmare-less sleep for once.

Though it really wasn't going to last long with Alix and Kim acting like they were today.

"Why do you even want to do that?" Adrien mused, seemingly fine after sleeping his thoughts away. "It wasn't her fault."

"Wasn't her fault?" Kim asked, raising a pissed brow.

"She could have done anything," Alkx said, pursing her lips at how peacefully Marinette was sleeping.

How dare she sleep that peacefully after ruining their sleepover?

"She could have let you sleep in her room. Comfort you and make out with you and finally make a fucking move on you. But she just had to come and throw us out, didn't she?"

The students snorted, concealing their snickers with coughs. Adrien had flushed a bright red. How could she say things like that so casually?

"Dude, we were up playing past midnight in your room." Nino sighed, a little try at saving his oldest friend.

"How about pouring a glass of ice cold water on her face?" Alya suggested abruptly. Adrien and Nino turned to her, shocked. Wasn't she supposed to save Marinette?

Where was that damned girl code they were always rubbing in their faces?

"Aren't you supposed to be her best friend?" Adrien asked, dramtically holding on to his chest.

"So what?" Alya asked nonchalantly. "She did that to me. I just want revenge."

Alya remembered that particular girls night out. In the end the two teenagers had fallen asleep in Alya's room, exhausted. And the next morning Alya had woken up to her sisters and Marinette pouring a glass of cold water on her.

It was horrible. Absolutely horrible.

And she still hadn't taken her revenge from Marinette.

She wasn't going to let it go so easily.

"Amazing." Alix praised. "Welcome to the gang Alya."

Alya's lips upturned to form a mischievous smirk.

Adrien face palmed with a shake of his head. This was not what Marinette needed in the morning.

Alya knew that too.

She had seen the dark circles under her friend's eyes that she hid under a layer of carefully applied concealer.

But perhaps Marinette would just feel pathetic about herself if Alya treated her like a fragile princess who needed to be careful of things. Especially after Alya had asked her to promise to not holding to her worries as a princess when she was with friends.

Kim quickly ordered a glass of cold water from the room service. The glass arrived and they turned to look at the peaceful Marinette for one last time, a mischevious or eager grin on everyone's faces.

Even sweet Rose and Mylene were standing in a corner, smiling guitily but smiling nonetheless. They wanted to see how this played out. Marinette had never been subject to a prank before.

"Holy-!" Kim cursed as he picked up the glass from the tray. "It's, like, ice cold!"

"Isn't that what we need?" Alix asked, leaning on Alya as the two girls shared amused glances every two seconds.