Chapter One

Mel's POV (Earlier that day)
So today's my 20th birthday and me and Max are going to warped tour. It's my first time going but it's his third year going so it's not as special for him as it is me. And all I hope is that we get to see a lot of the bands we love, I remember the first time me and Max had met each other, it was about 3 years ago when he was 22 and I was 17. We had met at a concert; I had no lighter to light up my cigarette so him being the gentlemen that he is he gave me his lighter and after that we had became really close, we had known each other for about a year and a half. After that we had moved in.

"Lanie wake up it's your birthday today!" Max cheered excitedly as he entered my room.

"Max I've been awake for the past twenty minuets because even though it's the thought that counts someone thought that they would make me birthday breakfast and make a whole bunch of noise in the process." I huffed as I sat up in my bed.

"Oh I'm sorry to wake you and I guess I'll take back my homemade birthday breakfast and leave you alone in the dark." Max said as he turned around.

"Wait I never said I didn't want it I was just saying something that could've happened but didn't." I say to Max with my hands out pleading with him to come back with my food.

"Here and happy birthday brat I still love you even though you still can't buy beer yet." He said as he kissed me on the top of my head and squeezed me into a half of a hug.

"Thanks Max, so what are we going to do today?" I ask him between bites of my food.

"Well we have to leave for Warped soon because it gets really packed and I also have a surprise for you." Max said as he wiggled his eye brows. I on the other hand just rolled my eyes at him.

"Well what is It?" I ask impatiently.

"I'm not gonna tell you, that's why it's called a surprise dummy." Max said while tapping me on my head.

"Max could you take my tray downstairs and let me get dressed really quickly and I'll meet you down?" I ask him with puppy dog eyes.

"Sure just don't use all of the hot water please? Others might want to take a shower." Max said as he started to leave the room.

"You already took your shower! I can tell because of your cologne." I pouted at him.

"Shhh you don't know anything." Max said before he finally walked out of my room and down stairs.

(20 minuets later)
I just got out the shower and now I'm in my closet looking for an outfit to wear, so far I have bleached short shorts but now I'm just debating on my shirt and shoes. I have Max's older Warped Tank Top or I could wear my Memphis May Fire sleeveless with my all black Vans or my Star Wars slip on Vans.

"MAX! WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?" I yell downstairs.

"HOLD ON AND I'LL BE UP THERE!" Max yelled back to me.

"You needed me?" Max said as he entered my room.

"I'm glad I have my robe on, and yea I can't figure out which shirt and shoes to wear." I huff out a breath and plop onto my bed.

"Well why don't you wear my old Vans shirt with your Star Wars slip-on's, and hurry up I need to tell you something when we get there okay?" Max said as he put the clothes in front of me.

"Okay I'll meet you down stairs in a few." I say back to him.
While I was heading downstairs I heard Max talking on the phone to someone.

"Hey Jack how's it going?" He whispered.

"Good that's good to hear but I was just checking to see if everyone's okay with the plan." He whispered.

Why is Max whispering? Maybe I'm not allowed to hear.

"That's great Jacky thanks a lot it means the world to us. I guess I'll see you guys soon. Bye Jack." Max whispered.

"Hey Max, who was that?" I asked.

"Oh it was just a co-worker telling me about something. So you ready to go?" He said as he handed me my sweater, it's a bit chilly sometimes even when it's the summer time.