The Curse of the Violin Chapter 1

In the city of Japan, a school named Sungha University of Tokyo was located near the beach of Tokyo. Sungha University of Tokyo is a school for highschool students. The school was hightect because it had the biometrics, televisions, computers and etc. It had a swimming pool for swimming activities, basketball court for basketball activities, track and field and others. The rooms were well-lit, airconditioned and had cameras. The canteen was big, a student can order food that one didn’t expect that the canteen is selling it. The library was also big, it had different kinds of books, and is a good place to study during a student’s free time. There was also a movie theatre for film showing in different aspects of the subjects. There was also a lot of rooms of different labs like Chemistry Lab, Biology lab, Cooking Lab, Computer Lab, Physics Lab and etc. The school also had a gym for gymnastics, work outs and etc. It had a music room wherein the room is very big for music subject class, opera practices, choir practices and etc. The music room had most of different kinds of instruments like violin, cello, piano, guitars and etc. The school had a big computer lab. It has internet connection, LCD projector. The room is air-conditioned. The computers were touch-screened with speakers and headphones. The school had security cameras, mostly everywhere. The school is expensive. The school had a playground for hang-outs of the students. The students must stay in school during school days. They must also sleep in their respective bedrooms in night. Girls are separated from boys. The room is accompanied by 5 students. It had a bed, a comfort room, air-conditioned, cabinets and a computer. There are no security cameras in the room to mind te students privacy. They must be already at sleep at 10pm and then must wake up at 6:30pm. Their meals are served in the canteen, free because it is part of their tuition fee. But snacks are bought with the money of the students. There are a lot of activities in the school. Intramurals, Nutrition Month, United Nations are example of the school’s activities. There are also sports’ activities like Basketball, Volleyball, Badminton, Swimming and etc. The school is really secured by guards and cameras. With the use of the biometrics, one can be identified if he/she is at school or haven’t reported in the day. The school is located near the beach which makes the air windy and nice. Classes start at 9am. They must report in class. Then classes end at 6:30pm. They are expected to be at the canteen after the class for their meal.

A year ago, Mr. Tabashiwa, a music teacher, an expertise of instruments, a strict music teacher when it comes to performing exercises, was teaching his students in the music room. The students were third year students. Their music class is their last subject. Their instrument is the use of a violin. The students knew that he is strict but still they respected him. One day, the students were asked to perform the song , Canon , tomorrow for their session in Music Class. The students have already practiced the song so they were already expected to play the song one by one. The students were shocked and nervous. “ Is it okay by partner, Tabashiwa-sensei? “ (sensei : Japanese for Teacher), the students asked.. “No. You have already practiced hard enough so you are all expected to play it one by one, Mr. Tabashiwa replied. The class was dismissed and everyone practiced. They ate at the canteen for dinner then practiced by groups. Everyone was nervous. A 15 year old girl named Yukino Ibawatri asked her close and kind classmates to practice in a group. They agreed. There were 4 of them , Natsu Dragneel, Lucy Heartifilia, Gray Fullbuster and Erza Scarlet. “Maybe I can’t do this. Tabashiwa-sensei usually scolds me because I’m not good in playing a violin.” Yukino said. “You can do this, we believe in you!” Lucy said and everyone agreed. The next day, everyone was already at the Music Room for their individual presentation. “Let’s start!” Mr. Tabashiwa said. Everyone was nervous. One by one they played. Natsu, Lucy, Gray and Erza played well. “Your turn, Yukino” Mr. Tabashiwa said. Yukino played but it didn’t sound well. She was really nervous and that made her play ugly. “ Uh oh. I haven’t played the notes right.” Yukino said. “Heavenly Gosh! Yukino, we practiced everyday for this song and you didn’t played it well! We practice 3 to 4 times a week then practice at your beds at night but still you can’t hit the notes right? You call yourself a student of mine who is so different than the rest? Do you want me to fail you? Mr.Tabashiwa said angrily.

“How could you do say that to me?” Yukino cried and left the room. Everyone was shocked. “Let us go guys” Erza said. “Right!” Gray, Lucy and Natsu replied. “Where’s Yukino?” Lucy asked. “ Guys, I think I found someone in the pool. Let’s go!” Natsu said. Everyone went to the pool in a hurry. Everyone was shocked. “Yukino’s floattttiing..” Gray shockingly said. “Her violin as well and the bow.” Lucy added.

          “The incident happened of a young girl who was hurt by her teacher’s words. May her soul rest in peace.. This violin must be placed in the music room that we can always see it every time in order to remind us of her. She was a kind student to everyone.” I hope you will change your attitude towards your students, Tabashiwa –sensei.

(Then, a year passed since Yukino’s death.. It was already September, the start of classes.)

Another school year is about to start.  Classes are about to start. The teachers explained the rules and regulations in school. What to do and what not to do. After that, the students meet new friends and gain friendship with one another. Teachers introduced themselves and gain new students. The population of Sungha University of Tokyo increased.

          A 15 year old boy , Switch Kirigaya , studies at Sungha University of Tokyo. He is a new third year student. It was about class for music when “Don’t you have a violin, Switch?” His classmate asked him. “My parents didn’t buy me one yet. They’re still busy in their work. Does the school have an extra violin? I can use it temporarily. Do they have?” Switch asked. “Hmm. There is a violin in the music room that we can ask Tabashiwa-sensei. But there’s a problem. The violin that was not used is cursed. That’s what I heard. They say that teachers can hear the violin played at night. It belongs to someone who suicide by drowning herself. Many says that some can see the girl playing the violin.” His classmate said. “ Well, I don’t really care. I don’t believe in curses. All I need is a violin. Let’s ask our teacher. (So, they asked their music teacher.) “I cannot allow you…” Tabashiwa-sensei replied. “Please teacher. (he explained the reason)” Switch said. “Well, okay. But if there’s a problem with that violin then it is your problem already. Okay?” Tabashiwa-sensei said. “Okay, sure. Thank you.” Switch replied bravely.

          Then the music class started. Everyone played the song. But somehow, Switch’s violin sounds weird. The violin is tuned already but still sounds bad. “It must be old already.” Switch said. “Why not I let you borrow my violin for the meantime, Switch?” the teacher said. “This is fine. Thanks for the offer though, sensei. ( Then the class was dismissed.) “Something is wrong with that violin, I can feel it.” The teacher thought.

          After dinner, the students went back to their bedrooms. His roommates are already asleep. Switch played the violin because he really wants to practice. It sounded bad but still he practiced. He tried to tune it. He borrowed his classmate’s violin in order to have the right tune of it. Nothing changed. The tune was the same. “Ohh.. well.. I better do this tomorrow. It’s getting late. One must be asleep when it is already 10:00pm. Okay” . Switch talked to his self. He prayed then went to sleep.

          Suddenly, the violin started playing itself. The tune was not good. Everyone woke up in the room. They were shocked and scared. They saw a white girl floating with the violin trying to practice hard with the song Canon. What awaits the students in the room with Switch? What should they do? Solve the problem by themselves or call for help? TO BE CONTINUED. J