𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 𝒻𝒾𝓋ℯ

"Y/N, you're awake!" I shoot up and gasp for air. I'm... alive? And not in the pizzeria.

"Sammy?"

"Oh Y/N, you've been asleep for two days, can you believe that? You're such a lazy butt. I'm glad you're awake though!" Sammy said across the room. I'm in my Uncle Henry's guest room where Ive slept over a million times.

"Me too Sam. Can you go get Uncle Henry or Aunt Kathy for me?"

"Oh yeah, of course! I'll tell them you woke up."

As I watch Sammy run down stairs, I have a moment to think. I remember blacking out at the pizzeria... oh god- in Williams arms?? That's a bridge I'll cross later. And now I'm in Uncle Henry's house, which is sensible, and I've been asleep for two days. But I remember my dream as if it was something that happened. I know what it feels like to die. And Charlie's body- I held her. I felt her lifeless body in my arms.

"Y/N," Uncle Henry came rushing in, "oh sweetheart I'm so glad you woke up. How are you feeling?"

"Uncle Henry," I felt squished in a giant hug he gave me. But it was nice. "I'm feeling alright, definitely hungry though. What even happened?"

"Oh Y/N, lets get you some lunch."

"God this is delicious." Digging into my grilled cheese sandwich that Aunt Kathy whipped up, I felt relieved- like the hunger of a pack of wolves that hadn't eaten in a week had just been relieved from a deer they caught. The butter crisped the edges to perfection, and the melted cheese was dripping down the side.

"Well eat up girly, your Uncle wants to talk to you at his work."

Are you shitting me. I really don't want to go back to the pizzeria. Lovely.

———————————————————————

"We're offering you a job here Y/N," Uncle Henry sat next to William across from you. A job? After all that's happened? No way. No fucking way.

"Come on, your mom TOLD us you were looking for a summer job. Plus do you have any idea how expensive college is?" Afton was working his charm on me. But I wouldn't fall for it.

"Look- let me... just think about it." I don't want to take it, but I'll just go outside, "think" for a few minutes, and come back in and decline the offer.

"Okay sweetie, we'll be in here." Uncle Henry said as he closed the book he was reading.

I go out and grab a hot dog from the concession and go to sit down but I overhear Afton's voice raising in the office.

"Henry, we've lost French due to the murders... and we lost Fitzgerald last week."

Fitzgerald? Like... the one from my dream?

"Did you ask Carson to move up to the night shift?"

"Yeah. He said he'd transfer, but that leaves us even more short staffed during the day. Plus with French gone, we don't have a technician. Isn't your niece crafty?"

God, a technician? I'm gonna get fucked up by another animatronic.

As I lean in farther to hear my Uncle's conversation better, I trip and come crashing through their office.

"Hello miss Y/N, back so soon?" Afton asked.

"Yes, Y/N! Have you decided to get a job with us?"

"I guess so. What will I even be doing?" I really didn't want to do this, but I'm already in too deep and there's no turning back now.

"Well, you'll be our technician, doing repairs to the animatronics. I'm sure you'll be great sweetheart." Uncle Henry explained what all I will be doing. He'll give me a task to do, and I'll go out and get the parts, and repair the animatronics. Easy enough.

"Will can give you your uniform. You'll be starting tomorrow morning. Report to work at 6:30 A.M. and you'll start at 7. We typically have coffee and donuts in Will's office."

Looking over at the child murderer himself, I know I'll have to manage working with him. I cant stay away from him for some reason. Every time I try to, I just get looped back and becoming closer to him. It's disgusting, but I cant help it.

"Y/N, I have your uniform in my office."

Afton hands me my uniform, and it's a deep purple button up. Ugly as hell. Along with it is some black slacks and some suspenders.

"Well looks like someone just has a taste for fashion." I spit out with a mouth load of sarcasm.

"I thought it would look good on you, Princess." I'm sorry, but did I hear him correctly? This shit has gone too far.

"Cut the shit Afton."

"What's wrong, Y/N, just a little friendliness from your boss is all."

"You're disgusting Afton."

"Only for the best."

I left and went home for the night, and I started to put dinner on the stove. My mom wasn't gonna get home until at least 9 tonight and I need to eat, because christ knows that tomorrow is gonna be stressful.

As I stirred the rice, I couldn't help but have my mind wander to, who knows what. The pizzeria, Uncle Henry, Charlie, William.... William? Why was I thinking about him? I don't know, and I really don't want to know.

As the timer for the oven went off, I took out the chicken. I'm no master chef, but I had a feeling that my chicken would be pretty fire.

I fixed myself a plate, serving up half a chicken breast and a big scoop of rice. I topped my food with hot sauce, ate it all until the plate was clean, and put my dishes in the dishwasher. I decided to make my mom a plate and put it out for her so that it would be easiest for her.

I took a shower and changed into my favorite oversized t-shirt and nike shorts, and plopped in my bed. I fell asleep almost instantly, and dreamt of Charlie still being here and us playing with her new puppy she had gotten only a few weeks before she passed.... I woke up and felt tears streaming down my face.

I went to the bathroom and washed my face, gently splashing the warm water to wash off my tears. I fixed myself a glass of hot cocoa and made sure my alarm was set for five thirty tomorrow morning. I tucked myself back in bed, and slowly started to drift off, but the last thing in my mind before I totally went unconscious was Afton.

"Sweet dreams..."

Needless to say, I didn't sleep at all for the rest of the night.