Chapter Six: False Accusations

Aiko stared down in fear at the urgent text she received from the soul society. Aiko sighed, staring at it won't make it go away. Aiko got off of the roof of Urahara shop, Ichigo and the others would be leaving soon to go searching for Uryu. They were currently talking strategy. Ichigo, his trust was renewed in her for she did try to help out but was at the wrong place at the wrong time, actually gave her a half smile. This act of friendship made it all the harder to deliver the news. Orihime noticed her downcast look.

"Is something wrong?" Orihime asked. Aiko stared down at her feet.

"I...I have to return to the soul society." Aiko whispered. There was a pregnant silence before the questions began.

"Why? We need you here and now." Ichigo said.

"Ichigo is right. It's not like the soul society to take people away from a place in need. We are to help others." Rukia agreed. Aiko gave a short sarcastic laugh.

"Tell that to the people who raised me. Now I have to leave, apparently there are some accusations against me I have to clear up. I promise I'll return as fast as I can." Aiko said softly .Then she looked at the others. "If anyone can find Uryu Ishida it's you guys." Aiko added smiling.

"If you need people to stand up for you..." Rukia said standing as she heard the word "accusations" Aiko held up her burnt hand.

"No Ishida needs you now more than I. I do have a few friends who can help me, I've been trying to get past my grudge against the soul society." Aiko said as she turned. She left then and there.

"Best of luck!" Orihime called. Aiko smiled.

                                                                       >*<>*<>*<

Aiko swore as she realized she left her cloak with Orihime, who was  freezing one time and Aiko kindly gave her cloak to he to wear. This would be she would have to walk around invisible and appear before all of the captains.Aiko moved quickly, yet she still wavered wondering what would happen to her. would they strap her arms to a bar and cut off her head just like the guilty citizens of Rukon did? She appeared before the guards who screamed and fainted.

"I never knew that would come in handy." Aiko said as she opened the door and walked in. There were a few collective gasps from the newer captains, even Byakuya Kuchiki's eyes widened a bit. Toshiro looked concerned and Kurosutchi didn't look pleased.

"Aiko Kobayashi, one of the eight great gate jumpers. You are here on quite the accusation."  the head captain said. Aiko steeled herself and held her head up high.

"What  I am I accused of sir?" Aiko said bravely.

"On being a bount." The head captain said. Aiko's jaw dropped.

"What? Bounts are humans and have dolls! I'm a soul reaper." Aiko said. The head captain held his hand up.

"And that you were the cause for the Bounts to arise once more, those are your accusations. It is only tangible because of your grudge against us, your sword, and your arm." The head captain finished.

"I've been trying to work around that! Ask Jushiro Ukitake and Shunsi Kyoraku! They'd know." Aiko said.

"Yes she is saying the truth sir." Ukitake defended lightly and calmly.

"She's been working hard. Started off on making eye contact and then to actually shaking hands and having a conversation." Kyoraku teased her. Aiko stuck her tongue out at him.

"And what about my sword?" Aiko said putting her hands on her waist.

"The mask." the head captain said, a few captains shuddered. That sword's mask was creepy as hell.