Day 2: Settling In

I woke to the sound of Miles being entirely too chipper.

"Morning everyone! I've made coffee!"

I lifted my sleep mask and chucked a pillow at him.

"GET BENT!"

It wasn't my finest moment. But I never have been and will never be a morning person. Yes, I often had to be up early for photo shoots, but that also involved dozing off in a makeup chair with an espresso in hand.

Jake stirred next to me. He looked at me and gave me a half smile. Things had not gone well last night. He was a good looking boy, and he was very sweet. But he was incredibly dull. We didn't click whatsoever. It could have been worse, though. Talia and Miles had a row and he slept on the sofa!

She sat up and stretched.

"Charlie! I'm so jealous. Your bed head is gorgeous! Mine is always a mess," she said.

"I'm not sure what you're talking about," I said, "I think you look fantastic!"

"Okay, get a room you two," Levi shouted from across the room.

"Oh you'd like that, wouldn't you? I replied coyly.

"C'mon you lot! Toast is getting cold!" Miles shouted from the bottom of the stairs.

"Ughhh," Erikah groaned, "He is so OTT!"

"C'mon, let's go sort out our ourselves for the day," I said gently.

I made my way into the dressing room, with Erikah and Allegra not far behind.

"So Charlie," Allegra started, "What's the score with you and Jake?"

"Eh. No chemistry. It's alright. He's a lovely lad. I'm sure he'll be great for someone, but I don't think we'll ever click on that level, ya know?"

"So...." she continued, "are you already looking elsewhere? Because, I'd really like a clear shot with. Mason. And I know you two have history.

"Yeah, Allegra. We do. And if he wants to explore things with me here, I'm open to it. To be honest, you're not well suited. He doesn't tolerate possessiveness".

"I......uhh..." she stammered, "I'm not possessive!"

"If you say so" I shrugged.

She looked taken aback. I surprised people a lot in that way. I'm a sweet girl, but I'm no pushover either. It tends to catch people off guard when I do push back. 

Erikah came running in from the bathroom.

"Charlie! Come with me. Now!" she whispered excitedly.

She gently tugged on my wrist and I obliged. She was like an energetic little sister. I just couldn't say 'no'.

"Okay, shhhhhh" she whispered, her finger pressed to her lips, "listen to this."

Tim was rapping in the shower. Freestyling. And truth be told, he wasn't half bad.

"Funniest. Thing. Ever!" Erikah smiled, grinning, "Shall we sneak a peek?"

"Oh my god, YES!" I whispered back.

We snuck up and stood on either side of the bathroom door. Erikah and I joined in and spit a couple bars.

"Hey, who's out there?!?" he shouted as he opened the door.

"Surprise!" Erikah squealed as we peeked in.

He was a site to see! He had given himself a bubble beard and was holding the shower head like a microphone, and fuck me he was hung.