Chapter 2

Shinpi-teki paused in front of her apartment door. She felt as if she had forgotten something, a tingling sensation in the back of her head. She wasn't entirely sure what it was she had forgotten, though. She was wearing her gator, now with the hitate plate attached to the front, she had her shuriken and kunai pouches, she had eaten breakfast, if admittedly a small one, and she had brushed her hair with the gravity defying cowlicks (somewhat) successfully. Had she forgotten to sharpen her weapons in preparation for her evaluation? Were her instincts attempting to tell her to bring more weapons?

Then, once it eventually clicked, Shin froze and looked back, with one hand gripping onto the door frame as if that could excuse the crime she had almost committed. Toby's form was just beyond the doorway looking at her accusingly. "Sorry Toby, I almost forgot." Shin apologized truthfully, holding open the door for the sleek furred ninken to pass out of.

As Toby trotted out, he huffed at her while Shin locked the door, She then proceeded to turn and look around, searching for any witnesses to that embarrassing event. There were none. Shin let out a sigh of relief and went to catch up to Toby who had gone ahead of her while she was scouting out the area.

As Shinpi-teki jogged up to Toby she pondered her situation. She was being assigned a team today, she only had hopes that they could keep up and respected her private life. She tended to have problems keeping to herself in that area and it was increasingly irritating. She looked sideways at Toby and subtly added another thing onto that list. She also hoped they ignored Toby's breed if they ever met him, because he really was a good dog, if not a good nin-dog. That was admittedly a failing on both their parts and couldn't be accountable to him alone.

Shinpi-teki sighed and rubbed the crease between her eyebrows as they slowed down in front of the school, going into the yard and dodging students left and right. Toby veered off to go do whatever he did while she was at the academy, the sound of his footsteps fading as she grew closer. Her pace slowed as she neared.

'Here's to desperately hoping nothing shitty happens.' She approached the building for her first time as an official ninja of Konohagakure today. It was refreshing. She hoped that mood would linger around for the rest of the day, and then grimaced.