Chapter one.

I give the cover credits to Sumi_Chan did a beautiful job uwu

Let us enjoy what is given to us, but let us distinguish well between the most important and the accessory, and let us know how to go without this when the occasion does not offer it to us, without bothering or missing it. –Epicurus.

The boy hardly knew, he had just been informed of this event, and it was in the worst possible way. He would have been about eleven years old at the time, he already knew perfectly well what love was, he understood what it was like to feel love for someone. Such bad news was for him when he found out that the girl he was in love with was his best friend's girlfriend.

-Kirito, I thought... -He was interrupted.

-I didn't think you were gonna talk to her. Forgive me, but all's fair in love and war. -Kirito took Eugeo by the shoulder to pat him twice, walking beside Alice, who was waiting for him a little far from where they were.

He felt devastated, betrayed, all his illusions of child were shattered. His green eyes were crying out, feeling really unhappy.

He was silent at dinner time, one of his brothers knew about it, but he would keep silent until it was time to bother him.

I would not help him, I wanted to sink him more than he was already.

Eugeo had hardly eaten, he did not feel hungry and the truth was that he was still very sad. His misfortune was about four hours old, and perhaps it would follow him for a few more weeks, during which time he would always prefer solitude to trusting someone again.

-Eugeo, don't you plan to eat more? -asked his father.

-I'm hardly hungry... -The boy walked away from the table with that same aura of sadness. When he reached his room, he lay down on his bed. His brother, in the kitchen, suppressed a laugh.

He cried in his bed to let off steam. The thought that Alice had preferred his best friend was what hurt her heart the most, not so much Kirito's betrayal.

He never thought that she was indeed an unreachable light.

His two brothers came through the door, one of them looking quite angry, so he lay down in the next bed. The other, and the one who wanted to bother Eugeo, stood at the door.

-Hey, little flower, I was told that your best friend stole the girl you like.

-I know... -He mumbled, angry.

-Oh, well. Looks like the little flower is crying. What's up? You want me to get you a blanket and tuck you in?

-Don't call me that!

-That's right, you little brat. -His brother closed the door, walking to the side of him. -I want you to force me not to call you a little flower.

-Will you shut up? I was very tired today.

Taking advantage of the distraction, Eugeo released a blow on his brother's stomach, but because of the age difference, it wasn't very effective.

-You have courage, little flower. -His brother smiled and then grabbed Eugeo by both wrists, putting his knee on Eugeo's stomach.

-Let me go, you gorilla! -Eugeo demanded.

-Shut up, boy. Hey. -He said, addressing his other brother. -He brings a dress from our sister.

-Wha-what do you think you're doing?!

-You shut up, little flower!

It didn't take long for Eugeo, being dragged out of the room by his brother, to head for the living room, where his father was reading the newspaper and his mother a novel.