Chapter 5

"Did you find everything you wanted?" Lily smiled at me and wrapped her sweater around her body a little tighter.

We had come back from the mall and it was late and cold. The sky was completely clear with specks of stars here and there. The four of us had dinner and even caught a movie before leaving. I had a wonderful time and laughed for once. Sebastian and Tim were bringing in the bags while Lily and I lit the fireplace.

I looked up at her and nodded. "Yeah, Sebastian picked everything. I liked it all."

"That's good. What'd he buy?"

"I picked his clothes actually." Just as I said that, they came in with all the bags. I walked towards Sebastian and stole the bag from him. "This is what he got." I handed it to Lily and she peeked inside.

"You picked well." She chuckled and Tim wrapped his arm around her. I nodded my head and stared back into the fire that had found some life. Sebastian stood next to me with his hands in his pockets. I felt a weird vibe from him so I rubbed my arms and crossed them. The whole room was quiet as we enjoyed the warmth of the fire. We had had a long day and I could tell everyone was tired.

"I should probably get some sleep." I smiled shyly and started to walk away. Lily mumbled something and before I knew it, she was walking with me to the guest room.

"I wanted to ask you something in private." She smiled and placed her hand on my back as we walked into the room. She closed the door and sat down on the bed with me.

"Yes?" I looked at her with confusion.

"How was shopping?" I knew it wasn't her initial question but I answered any way.

"Great. Yours?"

"Oh, just wonderful." She was quiet and sighed. "Do you like Sebastian?"

Her words caught me off guard and I laughed. I looked away from her to the door and pinched the bridge of my nose.

"No, we're just friends. We talked and got to know each other a little more. But that's it." My answer didn't satisfy her but she accepted it.

"I was just wondering. You're really pretty and I feel like he needs someone who isn't always after his money, you know?" I nodded along with her words and smiled thin.

"We talked about that."

"Did you?" She piped up.

"Yes, but I'm really tired so maybe this can wait. Yes?" I patted her shoulder and giggled. She nodded her head, mumbling apologies, and left, turning the light off on her way out. I sighed and got into bed.

What was all that for? Why did she think I liked him? Sure, he was sweet and had a lot going for him but I just don't "like" people. I don't let people in long enough to feel. So no, there was no way.

I was almost asleep when I heard footsteps outside my door. I opened my eyes and waited for a knock but it never came. I figured with was everyone going to their rooms so I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

-

I felt the mattress sink at the weight of something and I woke up in shock. I looked over to see Sebastian laying next to me with a grin occupying his face.

"Get up, we're going somewhere." He poked my face and I batted his hand away.

"I'm tired so no." I turned over onto my stomach and hid my face. A moment passed before the warmth of the blanket was stripped from me.

"Sebastian!" I growled into the pillow and opened an eye to glare at him. He laughed in return and threw me some clothes.

"Carter, come on." His voice was laced in a pleading tone and I smiled. He really wanted us to go somewhere, didn't he?