Chapter 1

"Ryler, come on you have to go to this party with us! You just graduated from high school, don't you wanna end it with a spark and start summer off with the hottest party in history!?"

My name is Ryler Manhattan. I'm 18 years old and just graduated high school. It's kind of a mixed emotions situation. Don't get me wrong, I'm so happy to of finally graduated, but I'm going to miss all the memories that were made there. Although, i have a great idea that collage will be so much better.
I'm really excited to be able to of gotten into Louisiana Tech and i cant wait to move into my dorm, but my main concern right now, is my friend to France.
I'm leaving in 2 weeks with my best friend Jordan, we've planned this trip ever since we were little girls.

"I dont know Jordan. You know I would love to go, but uh... *I try my best to make up an excuse* ... I have to start packing for France!"
The words fly out of my mouth before i even had time to realize what i was saying.
"Louis and I will be back here in 2 hours to pick you up. Be ready, because weather you're ready or not, you're still going."

i forgot to mention, our best friend Louis is also coming with us to France. It's going to be quite entertaining considering he's the only guy with 2 girls.

-2 HOURS LATER-

"Okay, let's go." We rush out of the door and into the party bus outside my parents house.
"A party bus, really guys?"
"We didn't plan this Ryler... It was Zayn's way of getting everyone together to come to his party at the same time." They both explain.

We get on the bus and I'm surrounded by nothing but strangers, wasted girls and horny boys. I shove my way through the crowd and to the back of the bus, away from all the noise.

"Not the party type?" I hear a voice beside me. I thought I was the only one back here.
"No, not really. I'm more of a home body." The awkwardness is extremely real, I'm not much of a talker either.
"I'm Niall, by the way."
"Ryler." I smile as I introduce myself.

I take a closer look at the blonde boy, Niall, His bright blue eyes looking into my dark hazel ones. His teeth are absolutely perfect, oh and the way he looks in that tux is beyond amazing.

"Is there something wrong with me?" The beautiful boy, who stunned me with his image, interrupted my thoughts of himself.
"Oh no sorry, I just uh really like you suit. It's very nice,, my father use to have the same one." I say the first thing that comes to my mind.
"What do you mean use to have the same suit, why doesn't he still have it? The things are so expensive and very rare to find here in America, I had to get mine personally shipped here from Puerto Rico." Niall explains to me, I was listening at first, the got distracted by the way his lips move when he talks.
"Oh yeah, my father got his from there too, except he got it when we were on vacation there. But, he died; earlier this year he was diagnosed with liver cancer and it was already at stage 4 by the time they found it, so there was no real way of treating it, it was too late. He had 2 rounds of chemo and 4 surgeries, but nothing really worked. After we found out he had cancer we spent most of the time at the hospital, because he kept getting weaker and weaker. They said he would only live 6 months when he was first diagnosed, but he lived 7, so he showed those doctors what was up." I try to make my story not sound too pity, because when people feel bad for you, they pity you and try to comfort you and get all in your space, which is a big no no for me, I hate the attention.

"Where is everyone?" I break the silence between us.
"I'm pretty sure we got here to the party like 10 minutes ago, but I'd much rather be in here talking to you rather than be in a crowded space with drunks and screams." The similarities between us is astounding.