Prologue

Picture of  The gown Jade wore above

It was a summer night in the  city of New York. It was the month of August so the weather was  warm and humid. The entire Stones family were preparing for a party that was hosted by the Wayne's.

Little Jade was 4 at the time dressed in a white gown looking gorgeous as ever. She  was led downstairs by her many to her parents who were waiting for her ready to depart. 

The party was held at the Wayne's family mansion which is about 30 minutes drive from the Stones residence.

As they drove the streets of New York,  Jade looked out the window watching as buildings passed by, boys and girls walking hand in hand, she also noticed faint music lingering in the air.

Finally they arrived at the gate of the  Wayne's mansion and Jade stared in awe at its magnificence.  The gate opened and they drove in. Jade had been here once or twice but the beauty of the mansion was something she could never get used to.

 Jade had been here once or twice but the beauty of the mansion was something she could never get used to

As they approached the front  door, the housekeeper Mrs George welcomed them in. The party had  already started . 

Good evening and welcome to our humble home Mr Wayne greeted.

Jade  became uncomfortable as the adults spoke so she hid behind her mum. Her mother however noticed this and told her to go play with Rachael Wayne's daughter.

Jade was hesitant at first as she does not want to  risk being spotted by Greyson, Rachaels brother. But after about 5 minutes with the adults she figured it was best to stick with her age group so she went in search of Rachael. It wasn't long before she found her and some other kids.

.................
The night went pretty fast after that eith Jade playing with Rachael and her newly found friends. Soon it was time for the Stones to head back home. Goodbyes, hugs and kisses were exchanged between both families.

Jade was happy that the party was finally over not because she didn't enjoy her friends company but she feared an extra second and Greyson would spot her.

As they drove back home the night was much more quiet as many people had retired to bed.  Jade watched as buildings passed , silently wishing she never had to attend any party whatsoever especially one thrown by the Waynes. Gradually  She allowed the darkness to swallow her as she fell asleep.

Little did she know that once she awoke  Her entire life would change.

That night  Jade's silent prayers were heard but she also lost her most valued possession

Her parents.

..................
So what do you think ?
Should I continue the book or stop writing?
Your votes and comment will tell.
Corrections are allowed  as well as positive criticism.

Note: the remaining   parts of this book will be written in first person point of view.  How update will be made I'm yet to decide.

Love,
Golden❤.