Prologue

Note: Copyright, The Reluctant King's Mate, belongs to fantasy20writer, No part may be copied or re-told in any form. Thank you for reading and please vote if you like this. This is a first draft version

happy reading!!!!

*************************************************************************

Prologue

Sarek's POV

It has been one week since I became the new king of the flying beast kingdom after I killed my father in the war site. I did not have a choice; it was either kill him or watch him kill my brother Vaxas. Even though I did not like whatever he did, I never hated him to kill him. My brothers and my people accepted me as their king. I will never disappoint them. I must make them happy and keep them away from all danger. It is my duty to serve them.

Last week in the coronation, the council proposed that I had to request the beast kingdom to allow me to participate in the mating ceremony because the kingdom needs a queen within one year of my coronation. I was furious that they force me to look for a mate. There are many things I need to look after for the prosperity of the kingdom but they want me to get myself lost into a woman.

Even if I take a mate, it will be solely for my responsibility as a king to give the kingdom a queen. I will never be able to give her my heart and soul because I need my mind to be clear during my rule. I do not wish to make the mistake my sire did by falling for a female. The mistake made my sire kill his own wife and cut my brother Noran's tongue as a child. It did not stop there, it made him crazed to a point to take revenge on the beast king who mated to the woman who stole my sire's heart. He kidnapped their pregnant princess Vanessa to use her as a leverage for his revenge. I tolerated everything he did in the name of revenge but when he was crazed enough to kill my brother, I had to end his life.

I bring in my thoughts back to he present when my brother Sovarin, touches my shoulder "Brother are you alright?" I turn to him and say "Everything will be alright soon when I bring the Kingdom back to its glory'" He nods and says " You carry too much weight on your shoulders, you can delegate some responsibilities to us, we can help you" I exhale deeply and say " I know brother, soon I will do that but right now I have to look into them personally"

A guard knocks the door to inform me that the council has gathered and awaits my presence, I turn to leave. My brother then says "Its not your fault that our sire did this, you know. I hope at least when you get a mate, you will find your happiness back brother" I do not answer him but I sincerely pray that whoever is my mate takes her responsibility of as queen seriously. With those thoughts in my mind I proceed to address the council.

***************************************************************************************
A/N:- Yay!!! the much awaited book 2 of the series is now out!!!! I hope you all are excited to hear about Sarek and Samantha's story!!!

Comment in your thoughts and feedback my lovly readers

Also please show your support & encouragement by putting vote