Graduation

《Reiki's POV》

I walked through the village, after a long day at the academy. I look behind me at Sasuke,

"Hurry up, Slowpoke or we'll miss Itachi before he leaves for his mission!"

We rushed to the compound when I sensed something was off and looked around cautiously as Sasuke ran ahead to our house,

"Wait!", I yelled at him but he didn't listen so I chased after him when I heard screams and I looked over to where it came from to see a masked man with a katana killing people who I've known and grew up with indiscriminately.

I felt a wave of fear, sadness and anger wash over me my eyes tingling when I remembered Sasuke and ran towards our house.

I found Sasuke standing in the hallway facing the living room transfixed in fear, I ran up to him to see Itachi standing there behind our parents a katana raised.

I ran towards them hoping to reach them before his blade found it's mark willing myself  to go faster, to save them....

I was too slow they were cut down in front of me and Sasuke and at that moment something in me broke as rage took over, the air turning frigid. I rushed towards him my fists coated in what seemed to be ice landing a hit which he deflected with his blade before slicing upwards which I was fast enough to just barely dodge it but not unharmed he managed to hit my left leg a gash visible as blood poured out causing me to falter and fall.

"This the end for you little brother", Itachi said his sharingan gleaming bright red as he raised his blade and looked me dead in the eye.

I glared at him coldly before saying,
"Do it. Kill me.....and then what you turn and kill Sasuke like you are gonna do to me?", He didn't respond and just looked at me.

"I'm not gonna plead or beg for my life......I just wanna know why you did this to mom and dad....to our clan....your family".

I raised my hand and reached for his face stroking his cheek reverently smiling softly,

"Goodbye Nii~san......Goodbye Sasuke....I'm sorry I couldn't protect you....", closing my eyes waiting for the blow that would kill me.....

I open my eyes activating my sharingan and looking around the room expecting to see Itachi above me with his katana only to see nothing.

I sighed and got out of bed looking out the window trying to remember how I ended up here as the sky lit up in a myriad of colours indicating it was dawn.

I headed to where the bathroom was and showered cleaning away the layers of grime from yesterday before grabbing the shampoo lathering my hair in it scouring myself with a bar of soap before rinsing off the suds and wrapping a towel around my waist before looking for a spare change of clothes and a tanto knife.

I found a black top with an upturned collar and the Uchiha symbol on it's back along with a pair of black boxers, trousers and my sandals. I sighed and muttered pulling on the boxers,

"This is seriously creepy", I grabbed the top and pulled it over my head before pulling on the trousers, holstering my ninja tools to my left thigh and strapping my tanto knife to my back before strapping sandals onto my feet.

I opened the door and rushed out when I felt a chill run down my spine causing me to leap back instinctively pulling out a kunai.

"Boo", I spun around my kunai at their throat realising who it was,

"You."

"Wow what a reaction to the one who trained you", He stepped back and glared at me, "Such disrespect will get you killed, Rei~kun", He said sweetly his tone not matching his eyes.