Memory Games

Luna*

My eyes were so heavy I didn't want to open them, but the cold metal on my back caused me to open them. I peak my eyes open a little bit and First thing I see is a cage door in front of me. My eyes shoot open. Where was I? I couldn't remember anything from the night before. I start looking around and see other women in cages. "Where am i?" I whisper to the girl next to me
"We cant talk. If we get caught no dinner or worse..." She shivers in her cage for more reasons then the cold. Was I kidnapped? "Well duh moron.." I thought to myself. Suddenly a door opens across the room.
"Well well seems you're awake my dear" a deep voice echos in the room and a short man walks in. I wanted to giggle he was no more then maybe five foot five. The girl next to me yelps out of reaction when he walks close to her coming to me. Suddenly I realize he's the danger. I slowly gulp as he kneels down and unlocks my cage. "If you behave you won't be hurt. You better listen. I'd had to scar that pretty face." He hisses as he opens the door. I nod. "Come on out. I need to examine you" he grabbed my arm and pulled me out. I stumble to get to my feet. Locking eyes with him. He starts looking me over. Pulling out a note pad writing something down.
"Um mister what are you doing?" I ask as he starts taking my measurements.
"Hush Pets don't ask questions." He scaled then sighed. "Look you're not a pet to a lord. You no longer have any connections to your old life" my eyes grew wide. My brother. My friends. What happened to them. He must of saw my panic and quickly stopped what he was doing "no ones dead my dear. Their memory has been wiped. No one Will ever look for you or miss you. You can live this life to your fullest with your master. If you can be trained right. "
"What do you mean? Like men in black stuff or..." He lets out a bellowing laugh.
"Oh my dear i guess kinda like that."

"Well who are you and why did you kidnap me?" He froze.
"You don't remember?" He brushed my hair behind my ear locking eyes with me. Such a smoldering green. Wow.
"No... How did i get caught?" I looked down at my feet. My brother... I was all he had left. Now he was alone. I felt my heart breaking.
"My dear don't cry. This can be a blessing if you let it. You see we are.. I mean I am a vampire but you can call me Derek." He took a step back to allow me a little space surprisingly. The other girls were watching closely. This wasn't normal of him I can tell.
"Thank you for being honest with me Derek" I said softly. Fighting tears thinking of my brother.
"Your new master will be here soon. I have to train you for him." I took my arm and started leading me to the room he came out of. When we cross the threshold I'm taken back by the beauty of the place. It looks like a library. Books everywhere.
"We will do a series of tasks I need you to follow to the letter. You do this you can leave today with him when he arrives. If you don't.. I will have to discipline you and it will hurt greatly" he glances back as we walk through another door.

***More to come!***