The House on Caddbury Lane

The Big Surprise

"Slow down Louis! I'm not very fast you know!"

It was a hot day in March. The sun was shining down on Cora Angeline Leary and Louis James Holman as they ran through the thick grass of the meadow.

"Hurry! There is something I need to show you!" Louis was excited. He was a 20 year old boy with short brown hair and bright green eyes. He was tall like his father who had passed away only months ago. Cora was the same age as Louis but a bit shorter. She had bouncing, curly black hair like her mother. "Come quick! Everyone's waiting for you to arrive!" Louis seemed extremely excited to bring Cora to the park were they had met 2 years ago. It was Cora and Louis's anniversary from when they first met at Caddbury Park. They grew up close to each other, although they never had met up until today, 2 years ago on March 13.

They finally got to the park, when both Cora and Louis's family jumped up from the gazebo. "Surprise!" everyone shouted all together. "Happy anniversary!"

The Perfect Proposal

While everyone was talking, Louis's mother set out drinks and snacks while Cora's mother tapped a spoon on the side of a glass to get everyone's attention. "Can Cora and Louis go up to the top step of the gazebo please?" Holding hands, they slowly stepped up. Everyone was silent. Gazing into Cora's eyes Louis pulled a small velvet box out of the pocket of his jacket. "Oh, Louis!" Cora had tears in her eyes. She covered her mouth gasping. Kneeling down, Louis opened the small box, showing a gold ring. Around the band was 7 white diamonds. "I wish I had done this sooner, but, Cora Angeline Tomlin, will you marry me? Will you be Mrs. Cora Holman?" Louis had the biggest smile on his face. "Absolutely! I have never had a man make me as happy as you make me." "Yay! Congratulations! Woohoo! Yeah you guys!" Both families cheered.

The Strange Trance

Only days after the wedding they bought the house for sale on their street. After they settled in, Cora went missing. Hours passed. Louis was more scared than ever that he had lost his new wife for good. The search party looked in the woods to find Cora sitting on an old bench. She seemed hypnotized, staring at a large, deep hole in the ground. "Wake up! Cora! Hello! Come on, wake up!" Louis shook her and she got out of the trance. "What happened to you? You are all dirty!" Cora's father said sounding worried. "I...I...I don't know. I...I was checking out the place when I hit my head. I don't know what else happened to me. I'm fine I think I just hit my head too hard." "Come with me dear, i will get you some hot tea." " No, mom I'm fine, really."

Another Disappearance

"Louis, where have you gone?" Cora couldn't find her husband. She was looking and she found him in the same place he found her, on the old bench. She woke him up and he said he had fainted. The bench seemed closer to the hole this time. "I think somebody is trying to gradually dump us in that hole," Louis exclaimed angrily. "and I'm going to find out who!"

🔍 TO BE CONTINUED🔍