9. The Dark Zone

Everyone is gathered at the Base of Operations celebrating a victory. Chase and the gang have defeated a group of Rioters and retrieved the supplies from an air drop.

JTF officer: "You did it Chase!"

Doctor: "Well done guys!"

Security guard: "That's how it's done!"

Civillian: "Great work out there sir!"

Nurse: "WOOHOO!"

Then, Agent Lau steps forward.

Faye: "Chase, come with me."

Chase goes with Faye Lau to the security room.

Faye: "That was an incredible move. Those aliens or whatever they are have been proven to be useful. In fact I'm thinking of giving you, Mishal and those ladies a task."

Chase: "Oh?"

Faye: "Enter the Dark Zone to retrieve some equipment we left behind."

Chase then looks at her in surprise.

Chase: "What? You're kidding. The Dark Zone's a hell hole."

Faye: "No, no. If they can fight the rioters then they can recover some old supplies."

Chase: "Faye what the hell! Have you lost your mind? The Dark Zone is too risky. Plus do you know what happens there?"

Faye: "It is an order."

Chase: "An order? It's suicide. The Dark Zone has turned into a massive shit hole."

Faye: "We need the valuable supplies that are in the Dark Zone. Now do it."

Chase sighs and sits down on a chair. He doesn't habe a choice. He gets up immediately.

Chase: "Alright. But you still owe me that drink."

Faye: "Of course."

She smiles and Chase leaves the room. He walks to the gems who were chatting with Mishal and Lucy, Chase clears his throat, gaining their attention.

Chase: "Faye orders us to go into the Dark Zone."

Mishal: "What? Is she nuts?"

Chase: "She means it. It's an order. We have no other option."

Heather: *Gulps* "What for?"

Chase: "Scavange supplies that were left behind. Then, we leave the DZ. For good."

Mishal: "Alright then...shall we go now?"

Chase nods.

Chase: "Follow me everyone, to the Dark Zone."

They follow him out the Base of Operations and back onto the snowy streets of New York City. They walk straight down the road wherecthey can see the wall and a biohazard logo. There's also s door there. Chase opens it and they walk inside.

Chase: "Ladies first."

Heather: "Thank you Chase."

Chase: "Any time."

Then everyone is in a small room where there's a man behind the desk and a door leading into the Dark Zone itself.

Man: "Good luck out there."

Mishal: "Thanks."

Chase: "Alright everyone, masks on. You gems may not breathe but you might need it just in case. The place is contaminated."

Chase grabs out his gas mask and puts it on, the gems do the same.