Chapter 1

~Ravenna Maxfield POV~

The pain. My sister. My twin sister. Gone. When I heard the egg was stolen, I didn't think it was her. I wanted to believe it wasn't her.

"Find the egg." I heard it as clear as day. And I felt her pain. The blade piercing her heart. Her sadness. Her determination. I felt it all.

So now I'm riding to find the egg. The energy of the egg is somewhat strong. I think I'm about two days ride away from it. I have to retrieve it. And I have to protect it.

A loud screech sounds above me. I look up to see my dragon, Aspen, also known as Pendragon, she lands in front of me and I smile. "I'm safe. You don't have to stick so close to me. You could be seen."

She grunts at me. "You are my rider. I will never leave you out in the open. You could ride me instead of that retched horse."

I laugh out loud and shake me head. I climb off my horse and walk up to her. Speaking out loud I say "I'm trying to keep a low profile. And so should you. We can't be seen by the wrong people. Go high into the clouds. I will call on you when I need you."

She nudges me and takes off into the sky. I sigh and get back on my horse. I stop in my tracks when I feel a gust of magic flow through the air. I look in the direction it came from and gasps. "The rider."

I command the horse to take off. I have to make it there before the rider is found. And hopefully, for their sake, I make it in time.