one

hinata pov
——

'i confessed to kageyama a little over a month ago, and i remember the day like the back of my hand! i still get butterflies thinking about it!
it was a little anticlimactic, i was expecting him to be a little more surprised, yknow, considering were both guys and all, but he was kinda just like 'oh really i like you too'. it was easy for me though, having a small reaction like that. it was chill i guess.'

'we dont really do couple stuff yet like holding hands and kissing and yadda yadda, but i kind of want to. things have barely changed since we started dating; school, volleyball, walking home together, its all pretty much the same. its kind of been bothering me, we might as well just be friends, yknow? but maybe ill talk to him about it later.. wahh im nervous, i can already feel my cheeks heating up! its okay hinata, you can do this!'

when i arrived to school i put my bike away and started heading to the change rooms. 'i wonder if kageyama is already here, that volleyball obsessed doodoo head.' i thought to myself. 'im so nervous to talk to him.. is it okay to feel this way when im talking to my boyfriend? i mean, this stuff should be normal to talk about, right? gwah maybe im just overreacting..'

i opened the change room doors to find no one inside 'thank god! now ill have a little more time to prepare myself to talk to him..' i thought. 'jeez.. is this really okay?'

i quickly changed my clothes and jogged towards the gym. the lights were already on, so i assumed one of the third years were in there.

and i was right. i walked in to see daichi standing next to the bench as sugawara fixed his shoelaces.

"good morning!" i said with a smile

"good morning hinata! youre early as usual." sugawara replied with a soft smile.

"of course! i want to play volleyball as soon as i wake up!" i cheered, completely forgetting about how i wanted to talk to kageyama.

"well," daichi chuckled, "why dont you help us set up so you can play as soon as possible?"

"yessir!" i shouted.

i grabbed one of the pole thingys for the net and started setting up. i looked to see daichi carrying the other pole and sugawara carrying the net. once me and daichi were finished, we helped sugawara set up the net.
as we were tying the net, kageyama walked in.

"good morning kageyama!" i chirped

"good morning." he replied, blandly

"whats got you so down in the dumps?" sugawara asked.

"hm? theres nothing wrong." kageyama said, with little to no emotions in his words.

"jeez kageyama sometimes i worry about you." i said, a little flustered, "you always seem so out of it. i never noticed before, but now you seem almost like a robot or an alien."

"oh." was all he said. my heart stung for some reason.