The State of the world

dystopia
/dɪsˈtəʊpɪə/
noun

an imagined state or society in which there is great suffering or injustice, typically one that is totalitarian or post-apocalyptic.

WORLD MAP:

KEY:

BLUE - NEW REPUBLIC OF AMERICA
RED - NAZI GERMANY & SPHERE OF INFLUENCE
BLACK - EMPIRE OF JAPAN
DARK GREEN - FASCIST ITALY & SPHERE OF INFLUENCE
PURPLE - CONFEDERATION OF INDIA
CYAN - FINLAND
YELLOW - MEXICO
ORANGE - KINGDOM OF AUSTRALASIA
GREEN - BRAZIL
PALE BLUE - ARGENTINA
LIGHT GREEN - IRAN
DARK BLUE - ARABIA
LIGHT BROWN - HUNGARY
BROWN - ROMANIA
DARK BROWN - BULGARIA
LIME GREEN - AFGHANISTAN
DARK GREY - THAILAND
GREY - UNION OF SOVIET SOCIALIST REPUBLICS
LIGHT GREY - PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF PACIFICA
WHITE - NEUTRAL / UNIMPORTANT

LORE:

After the assassination of FDR in 1933, the US loses its strongman in the great depression. Without FDR, The depression worsens, with many farmers unionizing and joining the newly formed Communist party of America. Suffering from food shortages & workers riots, many retaliated by joining the Silver Legion, a fascist carbon-copy of the Nazi Party in Germany. The popularity of the Silver Legion was mainly restricted to the East of the Mississippi, taking over many eastern cities, like Charlotte, Richmond and New York. Eventually, In opposition of the communists, Fascist militias would form into an unofficial new army for the USA, and combined with political & cultural differences, turned the eastern United States into a virtually new country.

When the 1936 elections occur, the Communist party surprisingly wins, but because the Fascists control the area around Washington D.C., they hold a coup, executing communist congressmen & seize control of the capitol, placing their candidate (William Dudley-Pelley) in the white house as dictator of the United States. This begins a second American civil war, and the Silver Legions army pushes from the fascist controlled east through the great plains into the Communist controlled west. After a 2 year long stalemate along the Rocky Mountains, The Fascist States allow the west to have independence, becoming the Peoples Union of America. Thus ending the 2nd American civil war in April of 1939, in reality however, it has simply been placed on hold.

When WWII begins, America stays out of the war for the first 3 years, until The Axis begin losing in 1943. When they ask for The USA's help, promising their empire to grow substantially, America accepts, joining the war on Germany's side along with their south american brother, Brazil.

With new American industry & man-power, The USSR is pushed back again, this time to the Ural mountains,  and surrender in June of 1944. All occupied territory east of the mountains are turned into Reichskommisariats. The Axis then turn to Britain, using Oswald Mosley & Former King Edward VIII to hold a Coup against Churchill & George VI using soldiers from both Germany & America disguised as Blackshirts. With Britain in turmoil, disrupting the communication and trade in the empire, The US begins an invasion of Canada, taking key cities and ports to cut off their access to the outside world. Canada surrenders after the capture of Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec city & Montreal, being entirely annexed by America, making the largest territorial acquisition since Louisiana.

In Europe, Spain joins the Axis, and invades Portugal & her colonies. The US takes Liberia, and incorporates her as a colony, Expanding the American Empire to Africa. As they're on opposite sides of the war, The US invades parts of Mexico, taking Baja California, Sonora, half of Chihuahua, Campeche, Yucatan & Quintana Roo. They also invade Cuba, Jamaica, Dominica & Haiti for the same reasons.

Once that is done, the US begins an invasion from British Columbia & the new Mexican territories, against the Peoples Union of America. Once again, a stalemate is reached, but combined American & German industry creates the Wunderwaffe, or Superbomb, a variant of the Nuke in 1946. Eager to test it out in combat, the Fascists detonate it over Sacramento, at which point the PUA surrenders, making the USA one country again. The remaining government of the PUA flees to Hawaii, becoming the Peoples Republic of Pacifica.

As the British Civil war worsens, the royal family flee to Australia, and set up The Kingdom of Australasia in 1948, crowning George VI as the First King of this new nation.He would however be succeeded by his daughter, Elizabeth 4 years later after his untimely death from lung cancer. The British colonies in Southern Africa & the Falkland - Sandwich Islands declared allegiance to the crown, and became willing colonies of Australia. However the Indian colonies declare independence, Uniting as the Confederation of India in 1952 once Britain finally falls to Mosley & Edward, who grant them this independence. New Zealand joins Australia by popular vote. 

WWII officially ended on December 14th, 1953, after Mexico was forced to sue for peace with the Axis. After the war, The Soviet union is a weak nation in Siberia & central Asia, having to deal with several warlord states within their borders. Germany also fulfils their promise to Arab Nationalist groups in the middle east by creating a free Arab state, The Kingdom of Arabia.