Chapter 3

!!!Mentions of some violence but not that gory.

After that it was all a blur I heard the police then Winnie took me to her house and the whole time there was a buzzing in my head.

"We just heard." Winnie's mom Darla said as we entered her house. Her dad Jacob works in London so his visits are only during holidays and most of the time it's just them both.

"Oh honey you can stay here as long as you want you know that right."

"Yes aunty" I said.

"Come let's go" Winnie said and hauled me upstairs to her room.

I went and laid down on her bed.

"Let me just wash up" and with that she left me alone.

That's when it all hit me. A heart wrenching sob came out of me and then everywhere I felt pain immense burning pain. In between I could hear Winnie and Darla but the pain never subsided. After sometime when I opened my eyes I was in my own room, I think Winnie might have dropped me off when I cried. Then I started hearing noises of some people; is someone home was my first thought but my house was sealed off right? When I went downstairs I saw mom and Ben, oh my god was all of it a dream if it was then that was the worst dream I ever had. But then I saw people whom I have never even met before. Suddenly they took out guns, I tried to run towards my mom but I was stuck in my position. I screamed but no sound came out and then I saw in slow motion them shooting at mom and Ben. All I could do was watch and stand as a witness. And then I could move; I ran to mom's side but they both were gone and I was sitting all alone in a pool of blood.

"Mom........" I screamed out into the darkness of our room.

"Sara it's all right buddy calm down" Winnie tried soothing me but all I could see was the blood in my hands.

"Here drink this" she said. By the time I noticed Darla was sitting right next to me I had drank two bottles of water. She laid down next to me and hugged me.

"Sleep I am right her" Darla said and hugged me in a protective cocoon. And like that I blacked out for the third time that day.

The next few days were filled with funeral function and people consoling me for my loss. I remember everything but it was kind of like an out of body experience, even though I was there the whole time I felt like my mind was somewhere else. Each and every second passed but all I was aware was of the fact that life will move on but my young brother wouldn't even reach his teenage years and my mom won't be there for me anymore.

Another chapter done. By the way should I increase the contents in each chapter or is it fine?Thanks to all those who gave my story a chance please continue reading it, I will try my maximum to update it weekly:)