Chapter 1

Jin Guangshan wanted more power; he wanted the Stygian Amulet Seal which was in the possession of the head discipline of Yunmeng Jiang, Wei Wuxian. He had tried many things so that the head discipline would give him the seal, but nothing worked. 

Jin Guangshan was fuming with anger and he didn’t know what to do because the other Sects were also after the seal. He knew that the only way to get the seal was to kill all the Wen dogs and Wei Wuxian, but to do that he needed the remaining sect to follow him and vow to kill them. Wei Wuxian had taken the Wen survivors to Burial mounds and was staying there with the Wen dogs. 

Jin Guangshan then got an idea. What if he just made everyone watch how evil all those Wen dogs and Wei Wuxian, the Yiling Patriarch was then everyone would agree with him? So he had Meng Yao go to Cloud Recesses and find something that could help him. He didn’t say the actual reason to Meng Yao when he questioned him about what he was planning. Jin Guangshan didn’t reply and waited for his bastard son to go out of the room. While he himself searched in the Lanling Jin Sect library. It took him 2 days to go through all the scrolls to find something. While cursing the Yiling Patriarch for making him do all the work. 

Jin Guangshan sighed in relief when he finally found a scroll that could help him. When Meng Yao came he also had a copy of a scroll, but there was a difference. The array looked similar, but the markings were different. Jin Guangshan was so happy to know that everything was going as he planned. But Jin Guangshan was so excited that he missed something about the array that was written at the bottom of the scroll. 

Jin Guangshan had already sent letters to the remaining Sect leader while he waited for the day of the conference to arrive. Some days later, Jin Guangshan felt a shiver going down his back when he saw everyone glaring at him, including the Violet Spider, Yu Ziyuan. Zidian almost sparked when he told them the reason for the meeting. 

Lan Wangji had not come to the conference. Lan Qiren also accused him of stealing their scroll when he saw Meng Yao making the array. Even his son Jin Zixuan had shouted at him for invading someone’s privacy. Jin Guangshan told them he hadn’t stolen it. He found it in the Lanling Jin Sect library. He made one of the disciplines to bring the scroll from his room so that he could prove that he had stolen nothing from anyone. 

Lan Qiren said with anger laced in his voice, “If I find that you lied to all of us, then you better be “. 

“I agree with Lan Qiren.” Madam Yu said  “If you lied to any of us. You will be dealing with Zidian,” Yu Ziyuan was sitting next to her daughter. Jiang Yanli hadn’t come with her son. She had A-ling stay in his room while a maid looked after her son. Meng Yao had finally finished making the array and was now sitting next to his sworn brother. 

Lan Xichen asked, “ Did you know what he was planning to do?”. Meng Yao replied half lying while shaking his head, “No, I didn’t know anything. I saw him searching for something in the library, but when I asked him he didn’t say anything. He ignored me completely”. Nie Mingjue grumbled, " Master Lan will kill him if he has actually stolen the scroll from Cloud Recesses. 

Everyone went completely quiet when they saw the array glowing. Jin Guangshan screamed from the inside, thinking his plan was working. The array started showing as the pictures started moving. It was like they were there themselves and feeling it.

The first thing the array showed was a beautiful place full of rabbits and someone playing the flute while leaning on the tree. All the rabbits were surrounding the mysterious man. 

The young man’s hair was tied in a pony. His robes were black and red. Lan Xichen gasped, knowing that place very well. Jin Guangyao looked at his Er-ge and asked with one of his eyebrows raised, “Er-ge, what happened? Do you know that man?”. Lan Xichen shook his head, “No, I don’t know that young master. I have never seen him but the place where he is sitting with the rabbits. It is cloud recesses.”