2💜9

Win's father stood up and glared at his son for some minutes. He concluded his son must be drunk and it was getting late to have continue nagging. He cleared his throat. "I will pretend I didn't hear that."
He made to sit down when Win spoke again.

"Because you had bad luck in your marriage doesn't mean it will be the same for everybody. Maybe mom left you because you are too selfish."

Win paused for a reaction but there was none. He continued.
"I am not a selfish son. And stop teaching me the wrong things about love, I'm tired of hearing it."

Win strode back to refrigerator, panting internally. He knew he just broke his father's wings, quite brutally. He was ready for any repercussions. He glanced at the sitting room, his father remained quiet staring into thin air.

Win took out the bottle of chilled milk and went upstairs without a word from his father.

When he got to his room, he picked his phone and saw two missed calls notifications.  It was from Team. He saw a message icon on the screen. He tapped it.

Can't sleep. Need to know if you are okay.

Win placed the bottle on the table and quickly dialed Team's number.

"Hey did you get home already?" Team asked in a ruffled voice.

"Mm," Win said, trying to sound normal. "I went downstairs to get something to drink."

"You haven't had dinner?"

"Um... Not hungry actually," Win forced a smile. "You're awake?"

"Why haven't you eaten P?"

"Nothing, go to sleep it's late."

"You don't sound too good, did something happen... with your dad."

Win rubbed his hands over his eyes for for some seconds. "Team, you worry too much. I'm fine. Get to sleep. We will see in school okay."

"You know you can tell me anything right?"

"I know, chubby cheeks. Now go to sleep."

Win heard Team chuckle on the other end. He had to mention something cute to distract the boy from worrying about him.

"Okay P. Sweet dreams."

"Oh okay, bye."

Win hit his head on the pillows. It was going to be a long night for him. He wondered how he will face his father in the morning. Definitely he will not be going to Taiwan. That's a trap. Maybe his father is planning to send him away. Win breathed.

He wished he was in the arms of Team right now. He thought about their sweet memories before he got eluded by the sweet sensation of sleep.