Chapter Two

"You are afraid." Bruce sat at the side of Tony's bed, his eyes a beautiful combination of brown and green.

He looked at Tony with wonder as his index finger settled on the crook of his bare neck before his gaze riveted on his chest where the heart stays.
Instead, it's replaced with a metal, blue and cold.

"Afraid?" Tony slurred in his sleep, his brows furrowed but it ceased as Bruce hushed him back to sleep. His rough hand caressed his soft hazel hair with such care as if he is afraid to break a delicate and fragile object.

"You should be."Bruce's voice dropped an octave as his eyes roamed the smaller's man body with a ravenous glance. More than half of his face is concealed in darkness, making it arduous to figure what he is speculating.

"Steven Grant Rogers." Bruce's expression was stony, his eyes narrowed in a disdainful manner.
Jealousy curled through him, dark and acrid as a faint green crawled into his neck.

"No. Not you." Bruce cooed, fingers brushing Tony's Soft hair when he suddenly jerked, a sign he is waking up.
.

A few hours later

"Jesus." Tony reluctantly opened his eyes, he struggled to sit up as he lifted a hand to grip his head. "Jarvis, what time is it?" He groaned and almost lunged out of bed when Bruce responded to his question instead of the AI.

"gosh, you almost gave me a minor heart attack." Tony grasped his heart in a dramatic way as he allowed himself to sink into the soft fabric.

"oh, shall I try to give you a major one next time? Because I would love to." Bruce chuckled, emboldened by how comfortable Tony is with a stranger, or maybe an acquaintance, in his room.

"How brutal," Tony replied blithely, his eyes glittered with amusement and Bruce transfixed got a second before he smiled again.

" Sir, Captain Rogers is requesting for an audience," Jarvis announced, stopping whatever clever remarks Tony is going to say.

"Steve?" Tony eyes widened with surprise, he quickly got up, " Tell him to wait at the lounge, I'll be there in a minute."

Tony crawled out of the bed with a small yawn, "Brucie bear, you wanna say hi to him first?"

"I'm fine with that." Bruce replied with a small smile, "we'll wait for you at the lounge then."

His smile fell as he turned around and the door closed. His eyes dark with a storm raging within, he took a deep breath before adjusting his collar and specs with his classic sheepish smile.

his white shirt tight enough to show off what's hiding under that cloth.  He sat at the couch, legs partially opened as he greeted the scientist with a surprised smile.
"Hi." Bruce nods his head, "so, what are you doing here today?" He asked casually as if he is genuinely curious and nothing more.

"It's nothing much," Steve's hand went for his neck as a hue of red spread through his cheeks, " fury wanted me to pass Tony a document."

"Oh, I see." Bruce raised his eyebrows as he sat opposite of Steve. "I'm surprised, I thought Fury would just drop Tony an email,"  Bruce said jokingly, he looked completely relaxed but his fists clenched in his pocket.

"I was going to ask Tony for lunch so why not?" Steve smiled coyly, he quickly stood up when he saw Tony at the corner of his eyes.

"Hey Steve, you look great without that star spangle suit." Tony whistled, his hands went up and down with a "wow" expression. "Remind me to make your suit cooler next time, will you?"

"Aw, " Steve shrugged with a huge grin that could dazzle anyone, "it's a little old fashioned but come on, it's not that bad."

"If you say so," Tony raised his eyebrow and gave Steve a questionable look, " so what got you here? don't get me wrong, you're always welcomed here." He put his hands up, an attempt to look friendly.

"I wanted to ask if you want some lunch, and Fury just happened to have some stuff for you so here I am, the delivery boy."

"Yeah, we could use some lunch." Tony shrugged, " what do you say, Brucie-bear?"

No.

"That would be my pleasure." Bruce smiled politely, green veins popping out but he hurriedly stifled the anger that's rising.