Epilogue

Cain and Amelia mated every night for the past two months, but Amelia had been feeling unwell these last couple of days. He didn't make advances on her because he wanted her to rest. There was enough time for that later. He left early for a meeting with some of the pack members, and Amelia wasn't able to join them. Cain told her to stay and rest and had one of the pack cooks bring her breakfast to bed.

Amelia was now looking at the stick in her hand, waiting for the result. She was only a few days late. Tears poured down her face once she saw it. She tried to stop them, but how could she? She started to wonder how she could get rid of the stick without Cain seeing it.

"Amelia?" She heard Cain come into their room.

Shit!

He must have finished the meeting early with the pack members.

"You're back. The meeting is over so soon?" she questioned from the bathroom as she washed her face.

"Not exactly. I sensed that there was something wrong. I shifted and raced here."

He now stood at the bathroom door. Amelia tried to brush her thoughts away and hide the pregnancy stick.

"Are you all right?"

She wanted to plan a more romantic way to tell him that he was going to be a father. But her plan failed when she heard his indrawn breath, she was blocking her thoughts from him, and he knew it. She could sense both confusion and joy warring inside him.

"Amelia? What's going on?" he came closer and questioned again with wary eyes.

She didn't turn around. She was speechless and didn't know how to give him the news. She knew this was expected of them but didn't think it would happen so fast.

"Do you think things seem to work as planned with us?"

"What are you saying?" he said in a strangled tone.

When she saw her red face and tears, he went towards her. And cupped her face.

"Nothing, I just..." She closed the space between them and threw her arms around him.

"Amelia, don't hide things from me. Why are you blocking your thoughts? Tell me what's wrong."

"I wanted to find a better way to tell you."

He leaned back and cupped her face. "Tell me."

"My Alpha, we're having a family!"

"You mean..." He looked down at her stomach, where she placed his hand in affirmation.

"A family." She said while keeping his hand in place.

Cain stared at her with disbelief as first before his face broke into a wide smile.

"Are you sure?"

"Look." She showed him the pregnancy stick. Cain drew her closer and kissed her, and carried her back to their room bridal style. He swirled her around and started laughing happily.

"I'm the luckiest man alive! I can't tell you how happy this makes me!"

"You don't have to." She touched his chest. "I can feel it," then she lowered her hand to her stomach, "And so can our pup. We did it!"

He placed his large hands across her flat stomach. "I love you, beautiful. You have completed me in more ways than one. I can't wait to have our first little bundle of joy with us." And I wish maybe more in the future. He thought.

"I heard that." She giggled, knowing how serious he was and how she knew she would grant his wish. She, too, couldn't wait for her family.

"I love you, too, my Alpha King."

The End.

A/N: Thanks reader, for the support you have shown for this story through your reading, likes, and comments. ❤️Please check out my other works in my profile!