𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

SEVENTEEN
"Where they go back to normal"

Third Person~

LILAH'S JAW DROPPED AS A WAVE OF REALIZATION HIT HER. A smirk covered her lips,"Wait.. You're jealous! Do you like Cameron?" she asked.

"Wait what? No! Lilah why would you ask that? Cameron's my best friend! Of course I don't like Cammy like that. She, she- Of course not!" George rushed.

Lilah smiled and looked down, shaking her head. "George.. If I've ever seen a face of jealousy, then it's the one you made when I told you Dallas was into Cam," she explained.

George frowned, "Lilah I don't like Cameron."

There was a long pause of silence.

"At least I don't think so?" George let out a huff of defeat. "Man, I don't know anymore. The last three weeks have been hell, I've been avoiding Cammy like the plague. All because I can't figure out my feelings.." he explained.

"Why all of a sudden though?" Lilah asked.

"Well, I don't know. Something just kinda changed and I've been a mess ever since," George was not planning on telling Lilah about the letter. After all, that was a private piece of information George definitely shouldn't have gotten his hands on in the first place.

"Look, I do like you George, and I wish we could've gone further then friends. But if you wanna pursue Cam, then that's all right. I'm not planning on stopping you from doing that. If you need help at any point either, then my number is always in your phone. Now, we better go join them back inside before they start to wonder why we're taking so long," Lilah smiled at George before the two walked back into the club to join Cameron and Dallas again.

~♔~

George's P.O.V~

Lilah and I sat back down on the table where Cameron and the new guy Dallas was sat.

"So, this is George. He's my best friend and roommate, " Cameron introduced me. "And George, this is Dallas. We met earlier on when I was at the bar," She finished.

"It's a pleasure," Dallas greeted me with a smile and the shake of a hand.

I returned the favor, "Great to meet you, mate."

Lie.

Everyone continued to chat and joke around, the mood clearly high. However, I couldn't say the same for myself. I must have looked like a child who had just gotten a slap on the wrist as I really wasn't liking how close Dallas and Cameron were getting in such a short time. They both seemed to get on really well and it bothered me tremendously. Cameron seemed a lot more at ease now with Dallas then she had been with me.

Maybe because you've been a bit of a dick the past while.

That's why I had decided from that point and onward I would not let Dallas win Cameron over, and would do my very best to get Cameron by my side.

~♔~

Cameron's P.O.V~

Dallas seemed like a great guy, but I wasn't interested in him as anything more than a friend. I would gladly take his number, but I wasn't gonna lead him on. I would get straight to the point.

George was clearly in some kind of mood. I mean, he had been for three weeks now but this was a completely different mood. He had been eyeing Dallas since him and Lilah got back from their "chat". He seemed almost angry, and I had no idea why. Dallas hadn't done anything to anger him so I was clueless, unless the two knew each other already? But I doubted that.

"So George, what do you do for a living?" Dallas asked, trying to make conversation with the moody man. 

"That's none of you're business," he answered flatly.

I glared at George, unimpressed with his attitude toward Dallas. George looked right back at me as if he had no idea why I was glaring at him. I get that he couldn't just straight out tell anyone what he did for a living to strangers for obvious reasons, but he didn't need to be such a dick about it.

"Sorry Dallas, George needs to keep his mysterious character thing going," I joked to try take the tension out of the situation. Everyone laughed and I noticed George roll his eyes with a smirk on his face in my peripheral vision.

"What? It's true George, don't deny it," I wiggled my finger at him. 

And for the first time in what felt like years, I got a warm and genuine smile from George. I felt myself both melting and beaming with happiness as I stared at a smiling George. 

"Shut your mouth, moron," He chuckled. "But that information is quite classified so I'm not telling you, and I don't plan on ever," he reminded Dallas, who shrugged his shoulders and took a sip from his cocktail.

After that everything started to slip back into place that night. There was no awkwardness between George and Lilah, and George and I had practically been glued back to each others hips again. Maybe more than we had been before we fought. However, George was still showing no signs of warming up to Dallas, so I planned on talking to him about it another time.

Dallas, Lilah and I exchanged numbers at the end of the night and I talked to him in private about myself not looking to go any further than friends. He was alright with that and said that he didn't mind staying just friends because I was a cool girl, to which I thanked him for before saying goodnight.

George and I walked in the front door to our flat and I made myself a cup of tea while George took a seat at the kitchen island. "So.." George started.

"So?" I continued as I leaned over the kitchen island across from him, not sure where he was going with this.

"We're good now?" he smiled hopefully. "I know we technically haven't been fighting but I've been avoiding you so-"

"Yeah. Yeah, we're good," I smiled.

George returned the smile and we had a quiet little chat as I finished my cup of tea. As I was turned away and cleaning the cup at the kitchen sink a pair of arms slithered around my small body, making me drop my cup into the sink out of shock.

"George!?" I squeaked, having no idea what to do. I felt myself heating up from the close contact.

"Night Cammy, see you in the morning," George pecked the top of my head before letting go and walking out of my sight.

I turned around and slid down the cupboard, sitting on the floor. I had my hand on my chest as I took deep breaths, trying to slow my heartbeat down.

What the hell?