A Need to End It

■□■□■□■□■□■□■

A few months after . . .

.
.
.

Vee is unsure when it started.

Was it when Mark invited him in for 'coffee' and ended up serving him water instead because there isn't coffee in the house? Or maybe when Mark held his hand tighter even when there are other people from their university looking at them? Still, it could be at that time when Mark offered him the cookies and cream ice cream he always buys using his own spoon.

One thing is certain though, Vee would like to quickly end this I'm-not-sure-what-we-are phase and immediately transition as Mark's official boyfriend. And how he can make that happen is harder to solve than any missing x in the many math problems he encountered before.

Vee is too occupied in racking his brains on the how, where and when of the matter when he heard Mark's voice, successfully interrupting his train of thoughts.

"How do you solve this one P'?", Mark asked pointing somewhere in the opened textbook in front of them.

Mark has a quiz coming up and invited Vee to study together in his room. Vee is supposed to tutor Mark on some of his math subjects but the senior is far from concentrating on the task at hand. His mind is a jumbled mess of flowers, candlelit dinners and some romantic places he plans to visit.

When Vee didn't respond after a while, Mark tugged on the sleeves of his shirt and urged him to look at the part he's pointing out in the textbook.

Vee willed his mind to park his 'ideas' first and focus on the problem his Mark is asking about. It was a challenge to do so but Mark needs him to prepare for his quiz and Vee will do his best to teach him. Meaning to read the problem on the book, Vee is confused to find Mark's slender finger pointing at a pink paper instead. He did a quick glance at Mark then back to the paper and read what's written.

What should I do to get a yes from you?

Just a few simple words making up a vague question rendered Vee speechless. He doesn't want to jump to any conclusions or on any of his weird assumptions and only fixedly looked at Mark for answers.

"It started long before I saw someone shed a tear in that row of tables in one of the places in uni.", Mark started.

"I've always seen that particular senior hanging around the place with his usual circle of friends. I didn't find him anything special at first but that quickly changed after a few encounters with him and his friends. Everyone seems friendly and approachable and would always casually put their arm around me or mess my hair every time they see me but this particular senior wouldn't. He acts the way his friends are to me to his other nongs but never to me. He must have sensed my discomfort and respected my personal space. I began admiring him from afar since then. I liked him more than I admit to myself but I never thought of doing something about it. I'm an only child. And my parents have always been straightforward about their expectations from me. Hence my hesitations. I thought I can forget about him. I thought someone will come and make me change the way I feel about him.", Mark paused and took one of Vee's hands and held it using both of his.

"But none of that happened. Then I saw him shed a tear. Right there and then I knew I can't hurt him anymore or myself for that matter. P'Vee I know I'm not good at it. I never need to do any of this before but that didn't stop me from trying. You probably cried a lot after you left that place that day like how I usually do when I'm alone and I'm thinking of you. Can we do ourselves a favor then? I know this wouldn't be easy but can you stay beside me from now on? Not as a friend or a senior but someone I cherish and would like to be with forever. Can we no longer cry alone in the comforts of our own rooms but instead cry together and be there to wipe each other's tears?", Mark himself was almost crying while asking Vee this question.

Vee only nodded and pulled Mark into a hug. Both were already crying then.

"I never wanted to be just your friend or only your senior. Let's do than then and cry together when we need to. Comfort each other when we're down and stay together for the rest of our lives. Anything you want Mark. It will always be a yes from me."

Vee then slowly parted from Mark a bit and looked into his brown eyes, and with a silent vow to uphold his promise he slowly closed the distance and sealed it with a kiss.

-END-

■□■□■□■□■□■□■

A/N:

I would like to say thank you to all the readers who took time in their busy lives to read my story. I appreciate every read, vote and comment you gave my VeeMark fanfic. You guys made me happy while writing this.😊

I will always have a soft spot for Mark and also for Vee. Their story is so dear to me and I believe they deserve the best. Having said that, I will be ending it here thinking it's the best one I can give to them.

Thank you again for your time and I hope everyone will be safe in these trying times. Godbless you and your family.

~letmewritethewords💕

P.S.

There may or may not be EXTRA chapters. 😜

8.6.20
THUR