Beloved rulers death.

Pitter-patter

"Hey, you've heard about the Emperor's death right?"

"...mm."

"Ah.. so it seems you have, it was bound to happen, we just didn't think it would happen this soo- Rie are you alright?"

"........."

"I see... Don't say up here for too long, you'll catch a cold, I don't wish to see anyone else die, not more than I have to."

Pitter-patter

"...mm.."

"Alright, I'll leave you be."

[Name] leaves

"What do I do? Do I run away? I'm going to be killed off anyway... All of us are, I should just accept it-"

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Find a reason to live, that's what a child like you should do, as I did."

~~~~~~~~~~~

"A reason to live...huh? Alright if that's what you wish for me to do, I'll do it. I'll find one, for now, that shall be my reason to continue living, my reason to live is to find a reason to live, ha... Pathetic. Never mind I'll just sleep up here for a while longer"

Pitter-Patter

_________________________

"The Emperor's dead, you can ascend to his throne, I made sure he didn't have any time to choose a successor, Your Highness."

"No, not yet. Its too quick, people will begin to suspect that I had something to do with it. Besides, what little brother would I be if I don't mourn my ever so dear brothers death? I have been putting up a glorious show over the years and I shall continue to do so. After all, this game would be incredibly dull if I had not taken part. The most incredible part about this is the cries of the empire, it's purely energising, but, I never fathomed he would have touched their hearts like so. Incredible indeed, truly remarkable if I do say so myself. He was a true leader."

.....

"Why are you still here? Leave immediately, it's bad enough I have to wait to be crowned the title Emperor, we both know my patience runs thin."

"Ah yes, I apologise."

[Name] leaves

"This weather, it suits you, brother..."

_________________________

Pitter-Patter

The people's whispers

"Did you hear? The Emperor's dead."

"So it is true then."

"Has he chosen a successor?"

"He doesn't have children, who will rule over us?"

"He has a younger brother right? I'm presuming he's going to rule next."

"Younger half-brother you mean. The Imperial Prince Augustus Vitellius."

"He has not got royal blood relation with the deceased Empress! I shall not accept this, a man of such origin is vile and detestable making him unfit to rule nor lead."

_________________________

"Yula, is what the maids speak of true?"

"I'm afraid so."

"This is a mess. Yula, be honest, what do you think of me"

"I cannot say."

"Don't worry, I'm aware of what you're thinking, it's impossible not to know. I'm such a failure after all."

.........

"It's quite alright, you don't need to stay. You may leave if you wish to do so."

Yula leaves

"Ugh, insolent rat, just a little more and I'll be kicked out of this godforsaken house. I really might have to burn it down if I'm still unable to leave, I despise it here, especially after mother died, that witch killed her, I know she did, a sly fox she is, no matter what I'll leave and take my revenge, no matter what, no matter how long it takes, mother I'll avenge you."

_________________________

"General! Have you hear-"

"Yes, I have, it's the talk of the empire."

"General are you not-"

"What is there to say? What can I say? I never knew the man, but I have fought alongside him. It's true what they say, he was a magnificent leader, I had faith in him, just as we all did, but his death, we all knew it would come."

Pitter-patter

"We better head back inside, what good are we if we're stuck in bed all day."

"U-Understood."

[General and name] leave

_________________________

"He's dead."

"Who?"

"The Emperor."

"What? How could you know?"

"You dunderhead, I'm a witch, how many times do I have to tell you?"

"Suuuure you are. I can smell your lies from here you smelly parasite."

"Why you insole-"

Witch knocks out

"Don't say such stupid things. It could get you killed- For the love of God, WHY IS THIS WOUND SO DEEP? I swear to the lord."

-There's no way the Emperor could have died I healed him....-