Welcome to the Road

Chapter One: About Time

     It was a pretty normal day. Or so it seemed, in Blake's mind.  He had gone to school, gotten through his classes, and escaped from any form of homework.  Of course, this was just the beginning.

     Blake headed on home from the 10 minute bus ride.  He shoved his key into the keyhole, but it just wouldn't turn. C'mon Blake, how hard can it be? he thought to himself as he twisted and twisted.  After about 5 minutes of doing this, Blake figured that it was about time to give up.  As he wrenched out the key to go find a different way in, the house door opened with a small creak.  About time.  With a suspicious glance at the door, Blake stepped over the threshold.

Chapter Two: Not Quite Right

     Right away, Blake knew something wasn't right.  The main room was dim, which immediately set alarms ringing in his head.  His mom always had the overhead light on, and the TV blaring.  His dad was also crashed on his bead upstairs after being up all night with his drinking buddies.  I should really just turn back now...  Even with this in his head, Blake's curiosity took over and crumpled up the thought and tossed it right out of his brain.  With steps far from his own, Blake's mind dragged him towards the main room.  It took all the willpower in Blake's physical body not to throw up at the sight before him.