Five

I wake up at 9:00 AM, this is another late start for me but at least it's not as bad as yesterday, Mondays usually suck anyways so this Tuesday should be better.

I really don't feel like sleeping in this suite again tonight so I'm gonna head home before I head into the office. I started off as a small investor in other companies, through good investments and hard work I took what I had and made an empire.

I own malls, clubs, resorts, and boutiques. None of it was easy, especially as a black woman in a society that wants to see me fail. 

I called my personal driver and told her I was at the hotel. She arrived shortly. She stepped out of the car to open the back door for me, and closed it once I was fully inside.

"Good morning Ms. Wilson, I take it you had a nice weekend."

"Good morning Leslie, my weekend was pretty good. I do remember telling you, you don't have to open the back seat door for me."

"I know ma'am, it just feels more professional if I do."

I give her a small smile.

"Well if you insist, I won't complain. How much does your aunt charge for faux locs?"

She glances at me in the mirror.

"I'm not quite sure I'll have to ask her, you know she'll do it free for you though right? She's been grateful for you giving me this job."

I shake my head and laugh.

"Tell her she better not try to do it for free, my mother would slap the black off me if she thought I was taking advantage of her friend. Tell her not to worry about travel cost, I'll just get you to drive her to and from my place. She can stay at the hotel for a night if she wants to."

She laughs as we get closer to my place.

"Ms. Wilson, you do too much for my aunt as it is, she doesn't even do your hair that often and you've already invested in her salon."

"Her salon is good for the community, plus she's my moms friend so she was there for me when I was little."

A thought occurred.

"Leslie, you also have to tell me when you're going to apply to that school. I really think you should as soon as possible, its never too late for you to start your dreams."

We enter the gate and go up the driveway, rounding the fountain and reaching the front. I step out of the car and make my way to the door, someone must have seen me coming and it opens for me.

Honestly it feels good to be back on my property, in my mansion, with my staff. My family lives with my mother in the house I bought her, well house is a small word for it. I just knew I couldn't have them staying with me all the time, I value my space.

I text Leslie letting her know I'll be out in an hour. I shower and change into some business attire. Nothing too flashy, just a regular pencil skirt a blouse and some heels. People who don't know me personally don't know that I'm stupid rich, which is a good thing. I never thought it was wise to flaunt wealth, where I'm from, you get robbed that way.

Many employees believe I'm just the face of the company, that my father or someone owns it and is letting me be the CEO. Laughable honestly. Like, do your homework honey this is public information.

People just don't expect me to be the boss because I'm beautiful, not in my 50's, not white, and a woman.

I eat a quick breakfast and we're off to the office.

I enter my building and greet the receptionist before I head up the elevator to my office on the top floor. Jackson is at his desk and stands when he sees me. I give him a small smile.