🖤~ • ° • ° ₦ł₦Ɇ ° • ° • ° ~🖤

"Daphnie! Get them out of here now!" I yell as she floats to her feet.

"Who are these guys?!" Kuraneko hisses as she helps Aurra to her feet.

"People you need to stay away from. They're here for me so go now!"

I run towards the assassin in front of me and flip over them. They look at me in surprise and freeze.

That's your mistake.

I crouch down and sweep my leg under theirs. They fall hard and get the wind knocked out of them. More kunai knives are thrown at me and I dodge them all and reflect others with my hands. They all suddenly stop as a figure with their hand up - in a fist - approaches me.

"Ziro," I growl.

"Starr, it's been a while. You were missed until we realized you weren't dead. In fact, you were even helping the ninja. Our enemy." He holds a katana out towards me as he walks around me in circles.

"They tried to kill me. You really think I'd go back?" I angrily ask as I look over to see the girls surrounded.

Daphnie is standing protectively in front of them and gripping her staff tightly.

"Let them go. They have nothing to do with this." I softly demand.

The three turn to look at me.

"It seems they have everything to do with it. They know what you can do and who knows what else. They also have powers. They would make a great asset to the League." I can tell he's smirking beneath his mask.

"Last chance Ziro."

"Or what?"

"You do not want to find out."

He stares at me for a few moments before attacking me. I dodge the swing of his sword and kick him in the stomach before I backflip away. The other assassins begin to attack Daphnie. She chants the spell for the barrier to keep them at bay. Ziro runs at me again and slashes twice. I dodge both slices to my chest and abdomen. He growls in anger and charges once more. This time I use Silent Flash to quickly rush behind him and kick him before disarming him. His face collides hard with the ground and he holds onto the side of his face. I step on his arm adding more weight until I hear a satisfying crack. He screams out in pain causing the assassins to stop their attack and focus on us.

"Idiots! Don't focus on me and complete the mission! You take them and she'll follow!" Ziro yells at them.

They quickly resume their attack on the three. I stomp on his broken arm once more for good measure before running towards Daphnie's collapsing barrier.

I should've known better. This is all my fault. The Dark League now knows I'm alive thanks to Maica.

The outer assassins charge at me and I quickly take care of them. I flip one, hit a pressure point on another, and knock one out by picking them up and slamming them on their head.

Brutal I know, but they deserve it.

"Aurra! Can you form your crystals?!" I yell.

She peeks up to look at me from the other side of the barrier over the sea of bodies blocking the way.

"I can try!" She calls back before disappearing again.

"Daphnie if that barrier collapses it better send a shockwave to knock these guys out!"

"But you'll get caught in it!" She holds onto her hat as she peeks above the heads to look at me.

"Just do as I say!"