I Knew It

When Nico woke up that morning, he practically rolled of his bed. Swearing, he picked himself up and ruffled his messy hair. He threw on the Camp Half-Blood t-shirt he received as kid and his aviator jacket. He was pretty glum about his old aviator jacket that got mangled during the fight with the werewolves, but Reyna gave him one as present when he returned to Camp Jupitor. He doesn't even bother with making his bed because he doesn't plan on being away from his cabin for long. He makes his way down to the mess hall quickly, ignoring the clumps of campers staring at him. Unfortunately, Jason and Piper spot him and wave him down.

"Hey, you're up early," Jason chirped, throwing an arm over his shoulder. Nico flinched and shrugged his arm off.

"It's not going to be a habit, so don't get any ideas." He snapped. Jason grinned and gave Piper a peck on the cheek. Nico was surprised he didn't immediately roll his eyes. Piper blushed and said something about meeting up with Annabeth.

"Right now?" Jason asked. She shook her head.

"After breakfast, but I'm going to let you catch up with Nico," she nods to Nico and gives Jason a kiss. She goes to talk with some kids from the Aphrodite cabin. Nico fumbled with his skull ring and stared at the ground.

"So why are you up so early?"

Nico sighed," I was looking for Will." A smile spread quickly on Jason's face, causing Nico's cheeks flame up.

"So-"

"Not today, Grace. I'm already on edge." Nico shuffled forward to the line for the mess hall. He heard Jason's footsteps behind him.

"Okay, sorry. I think Will's helping out in the infirmary. Some kids from Are cabin thought it would be fun to poke each other with swords after curfew." Nico nodded and grabbed a plate, loading it up with food. Jason did, too, but he had take two of everything. They went to go sit at the Hades table. It was a sort of agreement to sit together. Percy would sometime come sit with them. Being a child of the Big Three wasn't as glamorous as everyone thought. They ate alone and slept alone. Nico was in a better mood whenever Hazel came to visit because he could share a room with someone for once, and he loved his sister.

Nico didn't mind eating alone. It was Jason who sat down next to him with a tray of food. Nico didn't think much of it, but he was a little glad for the company. When Jason brought Percy, that's when Nico got even more crankier.

He didn't really have much an appetite, so Nico picked at his food. In between bites, Jason made idle talk.

"Reyna's wondering when you're going to visit," Jason added. He scarfed a two pieces of toast and took a sip of orange juice.

"I don't know. Hazel's birthday is soon, probably then." Nico stabbed at his scrambled eggs. Jason nodded and regained his breath. Piper jogged up to their table.

"Hey, you ready to go practice?" Jason nodded and got up from the table. He set his hand on Nico's shoulder. " Talk to you later. Tell me how it turns out." He winked, taking his legs out from under the table. Nico blushed furiously into his hands. Piper looked confused, but she took Jason's arm. Nico rooks his tray to wash bin and went to the infirmary.

Kids were scrambling around, getting ambrosial and nectar. It didn't take long for Nico to spot Will. He was practically a head taller than everyone and was the only one brave enough to wrap the Ares' kids wounds. Nico waited until Will went to go get some supplies from the back. With every step he took, the knot in Nico's stomach tightened, like someone was tugging on a string.

Will grinned when he saw Nico." Hey, what brings you to the infirmary?"

"Um-"

"Please don't tell me you use some of your Underworld magic."

"No, I was only wondering if the," Nico stammered," the um Apolla cabin would let me join them for Capture the Flag." Nico mentally slapped himself. How did I manage to screw that up? He thought.

Will's smile faltered, but only for a second. "Of course. Quick question," he closed the cabinet and faced Nico," would you stick around a little longer? I've been up all night and I'm starving." Nico nodded, glad.

"Okay."

Will felt it was his duty to hang out with Nico in his Cabin. He talked to some kids from the Hermes Cabin into trading some junk food for nectar. He plopped himself onto one of the beds in the cabin. Nico sat on his bed, cross-legged. Will tossed him a bag of chips, and Nico took a handful. They talked about random things, life at Camp, how stupid the kids from Ares Cabin were sneaking out just to fight.

"I mean," Will said," if I were to sneak out, it would be to meet someone outside of camp."

Nico gulped."The kids from Ares aren't about making the logical decisions."

"It's not just Ares," Will shook his head and looked out the window. "Crap, it's late. We gotta get to the bonfire." He leaped off the top of the bunk bed and landed on his feet. Nico stared up at him stupidly. The bonfire! Well, he couldn't care less about the bonfire. Will took his hand and dragged him out the door. Nico was sure he was blushing like crazy.

When they arrived at the bonfire, everyone was huddled up. Will took in the scene and shook his head.

"We missed it, the offerings. Let's just go back." They walked back to the cabin, but Will begged Nico to come along with him to the lake.

"I've been inside all day," the son of Apollo complained. Nico trudged behind him. Will turned around and scooped him up." You're so slow, Death Boy."

"When will you stop calling me that?" Nico rolled his eyes.

Will beamed."Never, so you better get used to it." Nico scoffed and left himself feel the arms around him. He couldn't deny it. He wish he could just stay here forever. Will put him down and, Nico felt the the heel of his boot sinking into the sand.

"Great so we're here," Nico said," what was the point of being here?" Nico didn't say another word. Will's mouth captured his and he melted. Will's hand went around the sides of his neck, edging him closer to him. Nico was surprised at how steady he was. He could swear Will's hands were everywhere. The hand on his neck was making it's way towards his hair and the other was on the dip of his back. Will was the one to stop, breathless.

"I knew it," he grinned, gasping for a good amount of air. Nico's furrowed his eyebrows.

"What?"

"That you felt the same way," he beamed.

Nico laughed," Great, now shut up and do that again."