Infirmary Day of Abolute Hell

"Why haven't you come in earlier?" Will shook his head, inspecting Nico's arms.

"Because I'm healed, it's only scars." Nico said, burning at Will's touch. Will shook his head and say Nico down. He began to work on the scars on his warms.

"Only scars? Damn, di Angelo, you were basically mauled by a werewolf."

"But I'm alive aren't I?" Nico said flatly. Will covered some bandages with drops of ambrosia and wrapped it around Nico's biceps. Working quickly, Will tightened the bandage and grinned. "That's better."

"I'm glad, now can I leave now or do you want to go down the list of my injuries?" Nico stood up, shrugging into his aviator jacket. Will laughed.

"It's amusing how you think I was going to let you leave that quickly." He place two fingers on Nico's neck. Nico practically jumped at the touch. Will smiled to himself.

"Why'd you do that?" Nico glared, rubbing his neck.

"Checking your pulse, you seem fine," he announced.

"It's because I am fine."

"You know Death Boy, you could let just at least one person help you." Nico bit down hard on the inside of his cheek. Will sat him down on a cot. Nico slipped under the blanket on the cot, and Will propped him up on his pillow. "I'm fine," Nico sighed. Will shook his head and squeezed Nico's arms.

"Just rest, I'll be back." He grinned, getting up to leave. Nico stared down at the sheets and prayed to Hades that he would be able to leave soon.
. . .

Nico was enraged. Will tended to every kid and bruise in the infirmary while Nico sat and counted the spots in the wall. At the end of the day, Will walked over to Nico with his arms full of medicine and bandages.

"I hate you," Nico glared at the boy.

"No, you don't. You find me surprisingly endearing." He winked at him. Nico felt his cheeks redden, and he tightened his fists.

"Why didn't you do this earlier?" Nico narrowed his eyes. Will's cheeks were flushed.

He coughed." Well I wanted to do this alone." Nico thought; Is he flirting with me? Why couldn't he do it any other way? Gods, just take me now. Nico nodded, his voice stuck in his throat.

"Are you gay?" Shit! Nico's eyes went wide open. Why the hell would he say that? What was he thinking? Of course he wasn't gay. Will was a nice guy. He's just being nice. Only Nico would mess up one of the only friendships he had. "Um sorry. Forget that I said that." He blushed.

Will laughed."It doesn't matter," he poured Nico a cup of water and gave him some ambrosia. "Actually, I'm bi." Nico's spirit lifted up and then dropped back down. "Nico, I'm kidding," Will laughed," I'm-"

"Gay."

"Straight," Nico said. Will's gaze went directly to Nico's.

"Do I look straight?" Will joked. Nico looked around.

"I wouldn't know," Nico stammered."But it doesn't matter what I think."

"Yes, it does." Will beamed. Nico felt his cheeks grow hot and tried to say a word.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing could come out of Nico's mouth. Will didn't push it. He understood how Nico processed things. Will quickly began to work on Nico's arms his father's instincts kicking in. Nico would often flicker his gaze to Will but only to be caught by him and quickly look up. Once Will finished, he sighed." You're going to have to stay overnight. Is that okay?"

Nico shrugged." What else can I do?"

Will stared at him for a second before replying." There's a room upstairs for people who spend almost all of the day here? It's private. Do you wanna sleep there?"

"Okay." Nico didn't realize how much pain he was in until he got up.

"Sorry, some of the medicine I gave you takes a lot of your energy away. That's why it's best to take it at night."

"When will I able to shadow travel?"Nico huffed, bracing himself for the stairs.

"Two months- oh let me help!" He quickly swung Nico into his arms. Nico glared immedietly but was grateful. He was almost about to pass out from the walking. Will put Nico down when he got to the second floor and put his arm around his side. Half-limping to the door, Nico tried to breathe normally, but purple spots colored the sides of his vision. He felt the bed hitting his back before he saw it.
"Thanks," he gasped. He didn't hear Will reply, but he felt the blanket being draped over him.

"I'll see you in the morning, Death Boy."
. . .