Peaceful Sunday

I look out the windowsill as I let the sun's soft rays kiss my skin. I stare down at my growing bump, softly caressing it as a smile stretches across my face. As I bring my attention back at the serene setting infront of me, I feel the touch of warm hands creeping around my sides, joining me in rubbing my stomach momentarily before giving me a sweet kiss on my temple. 

"I love you"

Once those words reached my ears, off he went, leaving the slight smell of pine and citrus behind for me to indulge in. As I breathed in the scent I close my eyes for a moment, the red color peering through my eyelids bring my mind to a blank. I truly enjoy the peacefulness of morning time. 

Before I start daydreaming though, I open back up my eyes to be greeted with my soon to be husband walking down the driveway to his car. As he opens the driver side door, he looks back at me, love written on his face as gives me a small wave. Oh the pure sight of his face could make my heart jump out my chest and scream "I love you too!".

   If only it didn't have to come to this   

Flames pour out of his jet black Subaru. I watch in silence while my hands still on my stomach. As my eyes still on the view of the burning vehicle, a grin plasters my face as my mind registers to say one thing;

Now this is a peaceful Sunday