Prologue

Twelve districts, based on each god. I am a child of Apollo. District Four. In case you were wondering, this is the list-

1- Zeus

2- Hades

3- Poseidon

4- Apollo

5- Artemis

6- Aphrodite

7- Hephaestus

8- Athena

9- Demeter

10- Ares

11- Nike

12- Hermes

Every year, a demigod from each district and a witch or wizard( Depending on the gender of the demigod, it's always boy and girl) is chosen.

Demigods can choose one item to bring. It can give them no help, however. The magically talented can do the same, but wands are allowed for them. That's what they normally bring, unless they can do it wandless, which is rare.

I've heard the stories of when mortals owned this place. The place Panem is now where the gods stay. We- the people- stay in out districts at all times. We survive with the help of our parents, and have varied talents. Every so often we get a Poseidon child here, and invite them in until they need to leave. The gods are respected, but not very careful to watch.

I have three powers from my father. Healing with the touch of a finger- Nearly instant. Mesmerizing singing, meaning I can easily put someone's guard down or to sleep. And I can interpret dreams. That comes from his talent of prophecies. Not to mention like everyone here, I'm near perfect with a bow and arrow.

But life here is not perfect. Here, there is rarely marriage. There is none unless our rulers- the gods- permit it. If you are a child of two half bloods, you will only have one talent, being archery. Rarely people have a good singing voice, or a mind for poetry. But that doesn't happen often.

Addison Matthews is my name. I am seventeen years of age, and work at the hospital. Healing is a rare gift if it is like mine, most people just know the herbs. Even for my gift, it is the strongest in the district. But I normally heal arrow wounds from children and teenagers being reckless. Sometimes I get something different, but most days I sadly do not.

But this isn't about the normal days. This is about my new life. My life in the games.