running

A/N: This is my submission for the writing challenge held by LilyHemsworth. She has such a kind heart and is extremely humble. Her writing is amazing and I couldn't stop myself from writing this as soon as I heard this song. Shawn Hunter is the love of my life so what else is new? I hope you enjoy!

Pairing: Shawn Hunter x Reader

Warning(s):

Word Count:

Shawn had claimed that he wanted to meet new people

Shawn had claimed that he wanted to meet new people. You were used to that stuff when it came to him. You knew it was hard for him to make a commitment, but the good thing was, you felt the same way. College came and you two agreed to meet new people. Shawn was more than happy to know that you didn't make a fuss out of it, but he had to admit, the fact that you met a guy before him. Now that bothered him.

Not because he was the one expected to move on quicker but because he wasn't prepared for the overwhelming feeling of missing you. He has never gotten emotionally attached to anybody, but this "meeting new people" circumstance was a great eye opener for Shawn. He missed you. He wanted you back. He wanted to pretend like nothing ever was said, but that was hard to admit when you were always in the lounge with another guy.

Shawn had been noticing your avoidance of him lately. Whenever he would try to approach you, you would pretend that you didn't hear him and walk the opposite direction. Today was the day that Shawn was going to let down his guard. He was going to let you know how he felt. You shoved your books into your locker and shut it, slightly jumping from the sudden appearance of Shawn on the other side. He was leaning against with the locker with a grin upon his lips.

"Hi [Y/N]," Shawn greeted flirtatiously. You sighed and rolled your eyes, turning the other way. Shawn pushed himself off the locker and rushed to the other side. He slammed his hand in front of you, immediately preventing you from walking away. "I want to speak to you [Y/N]. Please don't leave."

Your eyes traced up his arm and you met with his genuine, ocean blue eyes. You inhaled deeply and nodded in confirmation for him to start speaking. You adjusted your backpack as Shawn took in a deep breath before rambling on. It started with stuttering and just continued to sound like complete nonsense from there.

"Shawn," You groaned in frustration, especially from the fact that he couldn't get to the point. "I don't want to be wasting my time right now, can you please just tell me why you—"

"I miss you [Y/N]." Shawn interrupted, stepping closer to you. His face inches from you. Your eyes shifted from one of his eyes to the other. "I want you back. No more meeting other people."

You took one step away from him. "Shawn, you're the one who wanted to meet new people in the first place."

"I know that," Shawn admitted, continuing to step toward you. You dug your teeth into the bottom of your lip, staring into his adorable blue eyes. You had missed looking into them. "I just can't stop hating the feeling I get whenever I see you with other guys around campus. I should be the one that you're with, not them. I'm the only one for you."

You smirked. "I'm glad you finally see it that way."

Shawn's lips curved into a small smile. "I always have."

"Fine Shawn," You said, giving into him. "I'm down."