Introduction

Welcome to the All Mystery Book Club!

NB. If you have any better suggestions on another name, I'm all for it!

Here's the brief backstory:

"There are soooooooo many genres out there. I mean, thank God for variety. But I have been hunting for a book club that mainly featured stories with my taste and I couldn't get any. Everything was either romance or teen fiction. These genres are cool and all, but everyone has their preference."

I've learned that if there's something you want, and it doesn't exist, you need to create it.

The real purpose of this book club is not to help anyone accumulate reads or votes, or any type of recognition. We are going to read quality books and come back here to discuss them like we would in the real world physical versions of a book club. The author doesn't even need to know. You can leave a like or a comment, give him/her a follow, but it's optional. Not required. Totally up to you.

The number of members of this club, in my opinion should be limitless, but that would be extremely hard to manage. I don't mind passing 100, but for now, I will set the goal to 20 in the description section of the book.

So I'm going to get right to the centre of it and state how we will function:

1. You don't need to follow me or any of your fellow peers. That's your choice.

2. No reading lists are required, but it will help us get recognized, and the more the merrier!

3.  No need to fill out any form or whatever, just DM me or comment that you'd like to join and I would dedicate a chapter to our members so we can easily identify each other.

4. Each book would be required two (2) weeks to reach up to Chapter Five (minimum requirement). If you really love the book, you can add it to your private library and continue reading off the books lol. I am aware that we all have jobs and families to tend to, so we can always tweak the time-lapse, given the circumstances.

5. All matters pertaining to our reads would  be discussed in a forum/server dedicated to this!

6. We will be focusing on genres of mystery, paranormal, horror, adventure, science fiction, action, thriller and fantasy!

Here's a list of questions that may be asked after the reading period:

1. How does the author use language and imagery to bring the characters to life? Did the book's characters or style in any way remind you of another book?

2. What do you believe is the message the author is trying to convey to the reader? 

3. Why do you think the author chose the title? Is there a significant meaning behind it?

4. Is there a part of the novel you didn't understand? Are you confused by a character's actions or the outcome of an event?   

5. Do you think the setting, both time and location, played a large roll in this novel? Could it have happened anywhere, at anytime? If so, how would the novel have changed?

6. In your opinion, is the book entertaining? Explain why or why not.

7. What is your favorite passage?

8. How did this book touch your life? Can you relate to it on any level?

***

Every member will have any opportunity to choose a read for the time period. Please do not choose your own works, unless you're Shakespeare or Arthur Conan Doyle :) I look forward to building a warm and humurous community with you all. 

Please see the link to our Discord server: https://discord.gg/uRu6YfK (link also in my bio and book description)

NB. Remember Discord can be accessed in the browser if you don't want to install the app. If you do want to install the app, it is available on your phone and PC. That way we could chat on the go!

Please let me know if there are other mediums you would like to choose or prefer.

Taja D'amore.