tired

you wake up in a fluffy blanket on a bed you weren't on when you fell asleep. you look around, squinting slightly through the darkness to see an almost ominous clock on a dresser nearby. it reads 1:49am.

you exhale heavily and graze your hand over the nightstand to grab your glasses, sitting up on your elbows. you then realize the quiet, very artificial walking sounds coming from outside of the room and groan quietly as you sit up to go investigate. you open the door slowly, ignoring the creaks as you walk out. you immediately recognize the game that you had heard, and the person playing it.

a friend.

they turn around and smile, delighted with your presence. they seem tired. "heyo" they say gently, pausing the game. you smile back at them and nod as a response, feeling as if this experience is a fever dream. you sit down criss cross next to them, groggily pushing up your glasses as you look at the screen.

you suddenly jolt and realize how cold you are, instinctively reaching around to grab a fluffy blanket the friend always keeps on the couch.

it takes you a second to realize the whereabouts of the blanket.

the friend giggles quietly and stands up, whispering a 'stay here' before swiftly walking to the room you had exited to get the blanket.

they come back within a few seconds, sitting back down and wrapping it around you both. they flash you an almost nostalgic smile and pick up the controller to unpause the game.

they continue playing as you watch quietly, leaning your head on their shoulder.

you realize how tired you are. and slowly, your eyes droop and soon you are fast asleep once more.

•••••••••

hey bros! thanks for reading this! ill probably make more of these but idk yet. bye bye !!