05 | guilty

V / five

✧𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑✧

She really has the nerve to ignore my message. I've sent her the freaking text four hours ago, and I'm still left on read , if I was in my normal days I would totally cuss her out, but I'm making big changes out here so I'm going to try and be the nice guy I am.

Just when I get out of the shower I hear a buzzing sound coming from my phone. I run the towel through my hair, drying it. I pick up my phone and see a new message: Rebecca Grey.

Finally this girl decides to answer. It was a bit rude of her.

'I'm so so so sorry. I was busy and didn't notice the text' it said.

And she lies, too. Fantastic.

Of course I don't answer right away. I take my time to do my self-care then I lay down on my bed to rest my body and reply.

Rebecca Grey

H-It's okay. What I want to say is quick so it doesn't really matter.

What is it?-R

H-See, I like to do my assignments all ahead from everybody. Meaning that I prefer to be more advanced in terms of progress, and since the project is a bit complex I would like to take the time to really get into it and get an outstanding grade in this semester.

Okay? What are you suggesting?-R

H-What I am proposing is that we meet every Saturday at my house.

Maybe every Saturday is too much, but if I'm willing to show my parents that I'm taking school seriously this time, I might have to make some sacrifices, like not going out with my friends on the weekends.

She takes her time to reply. Maybe she's thinking about the same thing as I am.

He really has to make it easy on me. It's been three minutes and still no response.

Can we meet up tomorrow after school so that we can talk about it better?-R

H-Sure, why not?

After that, I take my time to get ready for dinner. Today my brother Luke is coming to have dinner with us. I feel uneasy since he is the person who gives me the most lectures.  And this occasion will be no exception due to the serious mistake I made. This time it was way worse so I'm hoping this goes well.

It's time for me to go down stairs to help mom set the table. However, by the time I arrive there, everything is already set perfectly for the guest.

Luke is our big brother, he's the only one of my parents' children that followed their steps and orders and is exactly what they wanted all of us to be. Little puppets. He's a businessman just like my dad is and is a good, polite, well educated man just like mom pleases.

Not everybody knows the ugly side of him, however, I only get to see it once in a while since he's so good at pretending. That we all are good at. Pretending to be something we're not.

"Good night, beautiful family!" I hear him say by a small distance.

"Luke, dear!" Mom greets him with a wide smile plastered on her face. "Come on here, baby. Give me a hug".