019

(M/n) sat next to Vox at the kitchen table. Thankfully Alastor listened to him and went to the bedroom. (M/n) frowned, thinking about how he had to hide Alastor. Maybe it would be best if he was open about his platonic relationship with him.

Vox draped his coat on (m/n)'s head. "I'll pour you another cup. Stay warm." Vox softly ran his fingers in (m/n)'s (h/c) locks and kiss the top of his forehead. (M/n) didn't say a word, confused by the kind gestures. He wrapped himself in Vox's coat, enjoying the warm from him. He looked outside the kitchen door and saw Alastor's shadow with wide red eyes staring  at him. 'I guess Alastor just wants to keep an eye on me?' (M/n) sighed, trying to think of a reason why Vox was actually here. Especially why is he being friendly. He gave up and asked him anyways.

"Since when did you care if I was dying or not?" He asked timidly, his voice low and shaky. Vox stayed silent. (M/n) looked back saw Vox next to him. He sighed. His metallic claws dropped on (m/n)'s shoulder. "I guess I'm just coping with it in a way." Vox nervously chuckled. (M/n) raised an eyebrow. "Coping with what? Your game show got cancelled or something?" He asked. Vox let out a laugh. "No. Never. Who wouldn't want to watch me~" Vox foxes his bow tie. He shook his head. "No not that. I'm coping with what happened, last week. You know, between us." Vox slid (m/n) his cup. (M/n) wrapped his cold hands on the warm cup.

"Last week?" (M/n) repeated himself, taking account how short of a time he's been with Alastor already and felt like a day. Was it because they were busy?

"You rejected me, (y/n)." Vox's tone became a mix of timid and disappointment. (M/n) sighed and nodded. "Yeah. I know."

Vox sat beside him. "I understand if you were to... like, someone else." Vox gritted his teeth. (M/n) gulped. 'Hah, well shit. Based on his attitude, I'm in danger.' "It's... not that. I don't like someone like that. I just think of everyone as friends." (M/n) confesses. Vox's interested came into mind. "Really? Then why did you reject me?" Vox seemed very determined. (M/n) could spot Alastor's shadow demon peer from the behind the shelf next to him. 'Fuck. He's gonna hear too.'

"Like I said, I don't..." He stopped mid sentence. 'Wait a fucking minute, I'm Alastor's platonic boyfriend and I know we won't say we're in a relationship because that would be very uncomfortable and we barely even started dating. Would it be okay if I say I view everyone as friends? Or will Alastor expect more from me? But we're platonic — we're just friends.'

"You don't, what?" Vox approached closer.

"I ah... well, it's complicated to say. I do find everyone as friends. But if I were in a relationship, it would be someone I trust very much. Someone I can be best friends with but... be..." His (e/c) eyes peered to Alastor's shadow again. He understood Alastor is Asexual and wouldn't want to have intercourse. If he says the partner should fulfill sexual urges, would it be an expectation for Alastor couldn't approach or reach? Would this relationship seem like a burden?

"But, maybe at times if we get busy at work we'd understand why and not get so clingy." (M/n) applauded himself for his choice of words. He turned to Vox who still remained silent. "Then why did you reject me? I let you work, I let you out, be among Velvet and Valentino and I." Vox insistes to urge (m/n). The shorter demon frowned.

"You... we can't be together." (M/n) looked down at his cup, the warmth going away through the conversation. "Why not? Not your type?" Vox rubbed (m/n)'s shoulder to ease him down. Possibly get him comfortable enough to allow him to slip a few words out of his tongue. That's how Box is. He's known him too well and but never knew (m/n). It's was best that way.

This is a war zone. The war just began.

"Vox, I am the Extortion Demon. The Extortion Overlord. I have dirt on practically every demon in all of Hell. I hold so many records of it. Since the Great Depression. You-You're the TV Overlord. You're everywhere. I know you have eyes and access to everything and I know how you take what's yours very seriously and I know you're the possessive type of a man. If we were to be together, you'd take me for granted. See, the thing is, even if I am a demon like you and everyone else, I give a damn about who I'm going to be serious with. Sexis nothing to me but pleasure. If I wanted to be in something serious, there would be loyalty, trust and freedom. If I were with you, I'd be chained, dragged, cheated on and be extorted myself out of." (M/n) felt his heart face inside his chest. He took a deep breath. "In fact, it would make me beneath you." He turned to Vox. "You know better than anyone else how I hate being seen beneath you or anyone! I want to be tested as someone's equal! I too, wish to be valued. You have fans and eyes all over Hell. What do I get? An office, hidden away, like some news reporter! Even as your friend, when I was hanging out with Alastor, you locked me in my fucking office." (M/n) panted, feeling himself blow up in flames in any second. He held his head with his shaking hands. "I'm sorry." (M/n) knew he revealed too much. He couldn't have just said it would be best for their status. Vox held (m/n)'s hand. "You call me a friend, when you obviously despise me. Or... fear me."

(M/n) still hung his head, holding it. He held back the small droplets of tears inside. He stayed quiet. He hid the shaking and quivering voice and body. He potentially ruined his friendship with Vox.

"What am I to you really, (l/n)?" Vox held the slightly shaking shorter demon. (M/n) knew his game, expecting him to get the answer he wants : a monster to use against him. But the demon said, "My friend."

Vox scoffed. "Right. So if I'm a friend, tell me this,"

"What's Radio Head to you?"