My end

Prologue:

People think that the most important, paramount moments in life are remembered. I did not remember. I didn't care. I didn't even remember the name of my first victim. The first of many ...
I was sitting calmly in my cell, waiting for the arrival of the one, they had appointed as my executioner. Yes, we live in the 21st century and the death penalty is no longer applied, but an exception was made for me. My death would make people of at least six nearest states, breathe a sigh of relief.

I was not afraid of death. I knew I will burn in Hell... and I didn't care. Finally I heard footsteps and the cell door swung open. Now I was sure. I knew who would be honored by shooting me a bullet in the head.I didn't even try to meet his eyes, then I could feel the will to live and I couldn't afford it. At the moment he put the gun to my temple, I started wondering if he felt the same as I did, before murdering my victim. My thoughts did not last too long, after a while, I heard the sound, sound that I knew so well. Then I looked at my body, I stood over it. Then I was sure of what just happened. I was dead.

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed it. I count on your honest opinions in the comments❤️❤️❤️. I also want to apologize in advance for spelling mistakes etc. English is not my language and I am still learning it so please forgive me for any small mistakes that may appear in my works and of course correct me. Bye❤️