Our Little Miracle

The sun peeked through the curtains bathing the young couple in a gentle glow. It was an important day for the pair as it was the one year anniversary of their marriage. Elli had been looking forward to this day for some time and couldn't wait to spend it with Eisuke, the love of her life.

The pair slept soundly with Elli safely tucked in Eisuke's warm arms as he held her close; something they had gotten so used to that they could no longer sleep if they weren't near one another.

Before long, Elli had begun to stir in her sleep. Her eyes slowly fluttering open; the first thing she saw was her husband's sleeping form. A small smile crept up on her lips as she admired how innocent he looked when he slept; a sight reserved only for her.

"Eisuke." Elli softly whispered his name while gently shaking his shoulder as she tried to awake him but he remained sound asleep. "Eisuke." Elli said his name again but his eyes still remained closed. Wriggling free of his arms, Elli propped herself up and leaned over Eisuke to get a closer look at his face, "He's smiling...?" She was surprised  to see the pleasant smile on his face. Thinking he must be having a nice dream, Elli grinned to herself as it made her happy to be able to see him like this.

Deciding to have some fun with the sleeping Eisuke, Elli started to lightly run her fingers up and down his cheek; the smile on his face getting even bigger when she did so. Elli began to giggle a little, admiring his smile and continued to brush over his cheek when he had suddenly taken hold of her hand.

"Eisuke?" Elli froze from his sudden touch. Leaning down to take a closer look at his face, she saw he was still sound asleep. Elli was amused he was reacting to her touch while he still slept, not even trying  to break free of his grip, she just let him continue to hold her.

As he held her hand, Eisuke had begun to rub it across his face, muttering a few words, "I love you so much." Those words came as a shock, it only made Elli more curious as to what he was dreaming about.

Elli stayed like that for a little while longer until Eisuke had finally woken up. He opened his eyes and was surprised when he saw her looking down at him. "Good morning." Elli said with a smile and he muttered a 'good morning' in return still slightly groggy from having just woke up.

Sitting up on the bed, Eisuke pulled Elli close and planted a good morning kiss on her cheek. With a small smile on her face, Elli looked up to Eisuke and asked, "Hey, Eisuke, what were you dreaming of earlier?" Cocking his head, Eisuke looked perplexed from her question. "Dream? I don't remember having any dreams." He said, gazing up to the ceiling and had a sudden look of realization but decided to keep it to himself, "Nope. I can't remember anything." Eisuke said pretending to look clueless but the faint blush on his cheeks would prove otherwise, luckily Elli failed to notice.

"Oh, okay." Elli mumbled, she felt a little disappointed.

Eisuke moved to get off the bed and put on a change of clothes when Elli spoke up, "Do you remember what today is?" She asked and he stopped what he was doing to look at her, "Yeah, Thursday." He replied and continued to sort through his clothes. Elli's face immediately dropped and her mouth hung open, she couldn't believe he had forgotten their anniversary.

"No it's not! You haven't really forgotten have you?" Elli asked, looking slightly upset.  Having finished changing his clothes, Eisuke stepped over to her. Leaning down to look her in the eyes, he said, "Forget something as important as our anniversary? I think not. It's the day I pledged my eternal love to you. I could never forget something so special to us."

Hearing those words, Elli immediately cheered up and threw her arms around him, "I knew you wouldn't..." She said in barely a whisper. Eisuke gently rubbed her back a few times before telling her to also hurry and change so they could be on their way.