Anniversary (Pt. 1)

Enjoy!
——————————

Gonta Gokuhara was a gentleman. He enjoyed everyone's company and tried to be the best person he could be! Of course, there could be some downs, but he always depicted himself as a good person in general and pleasant to hang out with. Gonta knew he wasn't the brightest, but he always tried, and that's the only thing that mattered.

Then there was Ryoma Hoshi. The tennis pro was the opposite of Gokuhara. Distant, cold, sad. But.. that's just his outer shell. Like those yummy chocolate candies you get near easter, where you bite into the bitter chocolate and then get the sweet, better cream-filled inside, Gonta thought. When Gonta met Ryoma, he was like that.

But now that it's their 5th anniversary, they've passed that stage. Ryoma is a huge softie, even if he doesn't want to show it, and Gonta was still a big goof. They are them. Unique, different.. and having a loving, healthy relationship. Every bump they get past, and Gonta enjoyed it so much to see Ryoma so.. happy.

Gonta loved him. So much.

And now, the tall bug-lover will make the tennis pro even more happy. Hopefully. Gonta had something planned. It was.. very special. Important.

He was going to propose.

Yes.

Gonta gokuhara was going to propose to Ryoma hoshi at exactly 6:35 PM. Gonta planned a date at an important place for them. He hoped it went well, because, this would be the worst place to mess up.

Gonta sat on his bed, fiddling with the velvet box containing a ring. He was nervous, because, who wouldn't be? He bit the inside of his cheek, weary not to draw blood. Gonta didn't like the taste. He was dressed in his normal attire, which was somewhat formal, atleast. One thing that has changed about him is that he now wears shoes, by the request of Ryoma.

He watched the clock.
5:30.
He was waiting for the moment. He was going to pick ryoma up at 5:45, so they had time to walk to the spot, underneath the oak tree where they rescued a small kitten from. Tenko took interest in the cat, and with some convincing, took it into her care. Ryoma had two cats, both his favorite breed, a Russian blue. And both the boys knew tenko would take good care of it. Angie and Himiko help with the cat, aswell.

Gonta looked back up at the clock.
..
It was 5:31. Gonta furrowed his brows before taking a deep breath. Getting up from his bed and grabbing the picnic basket, full of goods, and a checkered blanket. He decided not to get the darker checker-print, because that would remind him of Kokichi. It's not like he didn't like kokichi! That wasn't it at all, but he would rather.. not think about him during the picnic, if that made sense. The food was going to be great, Gonta knew, because Kirumi made it specifically for this event, with the help of Maki and Chef Hanamura.

He looked at the box in his left hand, slipping it into his coat pocket, and grabbing his keys, unlocking his door, opening it and looking back. Was there anything he forgot? Gonta thought for a moment, gripping the basket. Okay, he didn't forget that, but-

Oh! His glasses!

Gonta laughed a little bit and went for his bedside table, putting on his glasses and adjusting them before heading out of the door to Ryomas apartment.

...

After all of the walking, he finally reached the apartment Ryoma lived in. It was quite the walk, but it was worth it to see his lovers precious face. He loved him, so much. Gonta stood in front of the door, then knocked on it. Three times in quick succession, if you'd want a more specific description.

Some shuffling sounds could be heard before the door opened, revealing Ryoma Hoshi, adjusting his beanie with a small smile. Gonta looked down, smiling aswell.

"Hey, gokuhara." Ryoma said, stepping out and closing his door. "So, what exactly are we doing, big guy? I'm curious."

Oh. Gonta forgot to tell him??.. That was a bad start.

"Oh, Gonta forget to tell you.. Gonta was wondering if Ryoma want to have a picnic with Gonta?" The man asked, shifting his weight as he looked at the tennis player, who was still smiling.

"Oh. Of course Gokuhara. Are we leaving now?"

Gonta felt like an idiot, as usual, for not informing Ryoma before all of this. He thought he did, really! But hopefully.. that was okay. Ryoma wanted to go, so..! That's what matters.

"That was what Gonta was planning!" He said, nodding and scratching the back of his neck, stepping back a little. "Ryoma just needs to follow Gonta, okay? Gonta lead you to the spot." The entomologist said assuringly, running his thumb on the handle of the picnic basket. The texture was nice.

Ryoma nodded, sticking his hands in his own jackets pocket and fiddling with something, looking up at Gokuhara as he stepped beside him, and they started to walk.

They kept up usual conversation, Gonta laughing at Ryomas remarks and the tennis pro blushing at Gontas compliments, sometimes denying them, which made Gonta feel a bit down. "Ryoma needs to notice how amazing he is. Ryoma is very handsome, kind, and funny!" Gonta exclaimed, smiling as he continued walking. "T-Thanks big guy, I really appreciate it." Ryoma continued, his cheeks still pink from all of the praise.

And they walked. Ryoma eventually holding Gontas hand as they talked.

Gonta was nervous, but that was okay.

They finally reached the spot that was so important to them. They hung out near this tree every weekend, actually. And this was no exception.

"Oh, you chose this spot, Gonta? That's.." Ryoma paused for a moment, pulling his beanie down to kind of cover his eyes. ".. That's really sweet, you know?" And the boy, of course, was still blushing. Gonta was happy that Ryoma liked it. Gokuhara set up the picnic blanket, setting out the food, among other things, and took a seat, patting the spot beside him for Ryoma to follow. He made his way over and plopped down.

Okay, so, how to start, gonta thought, before he was interrupted by a deep voice.

"Gokuhara, I need to ask you something.."

———————————————————
words: 1064
A/N
HEKRJKKDKDKWKR SORRY FOR THE CLIFFHANGER but i'm sorry this chapter was so bad!!! it was rushed but hopefully you enjoy :,) uhh next part will hopefully be out soon!!!