Ellen

There are a lot of perks in being a skilled artist during high school and one of it is being slightly popular because it's heartpounding to see someone draw or sketch something amazing; may it be your favorite character from a show or simply something an average student cannot do.

Ellen is one of my fans. And my classmate. And my seatmate. And someone special to me.

She lends me her notebook usually because I keep my things sitting in my locker. So instead I use hers. And today she requested me a private drawing for her enjoyment. So I took the notebook home so I could work on it properly. She asked me to draw a picture of a sweet couple holding each other's hands while stargazing on a winter night. Excited? Overjoyed? Inspired? Delighted? Thrilled? Nervous? How can I explain in words how I felt? I look forward to confessing my feelings through it and I decided to put all my effort and passion.

I see my crappy 5 year old handwriting and her doodles. I smiled at it and flipped the pages in curiosity of all the other content. I did not expect to actually find something secret. A page with a bunch of heart doodles and the name "Jason" written all over.

It surprised me, I must admit. Random thoughts flooded my mind and it was overwhelming. I felt something heavy welling up in my chest. I guess it should be normal. Because that's my brother's name.

There are perks in being a skilled artist. Part of it is being able to draw your dreams and the things in life you were never meant to have.