Chapter 15 - So Many Things We Can Do

When Jimin arrived at the scene, he was terrified to see Joon strangling his wife. He became so angry that anger boiled inside his body. The backup team arrived too at the same time. Jimin hesitated no second; he pointed the gun at him and just shot.

Unfortunately the bullet hit his shoulder. Lee Joon fell on his back under water.

Jimin ran towards them and got into the water pool as well. He made his way to Myeong Jo who was unconscious. Half dead you can imagine.

"No!" Jimin yelled as soon as he saw her poor state.

Her head was bleeding and her neck had the marks of that bastard's fingers. Jimin carried her and took her out of the water. The backup team captured Joon; hand cuffing him.

Jimin laid her down on the ground. He placed his ear over her chest. There was no heartbeat.

"No.....no! Myeong Jo-ah.....No!" he began doing CPR on her chest. Well he had basic medical training. He kept doing that and blowing air in her mouth. The Minister called the ambulance fast.

"No.....please.......not her...please God not her! Myeong Jo.......wake up....... please........" he didn't know he was crying at the same time doing countless CPR.

Jimin never stopped for a second and kept blowing air inside her mouth, then back to CPR. Again blowing air then CPR. "Please....please......please......"

Yet there was no sign. She was........

"NO! NO! NEVER! PLEAE GOD! NO, MYEONG JO! DON'T LEAVE ME..... PLEASE......!" He cried so loudly that his voice echoed along the falling water from the mountains.

The guards kept staring at their King. He had never been so weak. He had never cried in front of others. He was so strong and kingly. But now, their King was broken like glass.

Knowing there will be no use of keep doing CPR, he still didn't stop. His face was getting red and sweaty. And his eyes were undescribable. The mixture of pain and guilt overflowed inside his eyes.

"I-I'm so....sorry....Please.....Wake up! Myeong Jo! Please........ Don't leave me like this........God Please!"

There was no hope. She was gone.

That was what the others thought.

Suddenly Myeong Jo gasped and opened her eyes! Water flowed down from her mouth and she breathed again.

Jimin jumped out of surprise at first. Then he knew she was coming back to life. He held her hand tightly and looked at her eyes that were opening and closing repeatedly, "Myeong Jo-ah, it's okay. I'm here. Nothing happened to you. I'm right here..."

Myeong Jo at first couldn't see anything. Her vision was completely blurry. Her neck felt much pain and her heart was beating really fast. But she heard a peaceful voice that sounded lullaby to her.

She knew. She knew her Jimin was here. Right beside her. He saved her.

"J-Jimin?"

Her voice cracked and Jimin; ignoring everyone's eyes just took her whole body in his lap and hugged her. He was so relieved. He almost felt he was going to die.

The others including guards and poilices just averted their eyes but smiling and blushing; seeing their King's valuable love for their Queen.

Jimin still didn't stop crying. He was sobbing softly and feeling her wet body that was the only thing he wanted now. A minute ago, she was half dead and now she's breathing and protected. Her hand slowly moved to his face and she turned his eyes to her.