💞Comfort💞

(Takes place during the end of chapter 1/beginning of chapter 2)
(Hajime's POV)

I woke up to the sound of footsteps and knocking on my cabin door. "Who's knocking at my door at a time like this?" I thought, checking the clock near my bed, which read 2:28 AM. I dragged myself out of bed, rubbing my eyes as I made my way towards the door.

I yawned, unlocking the door and opening it to reveal Gundham on the other side. I raised my brow, what's he doing here? I then noticed the small wet streaks down his cheeks that were illuminated by the moonlight. "My apologies for waking you at a time like this mortal, but may I enter your domain?" Gundham asked me, wiping his eyes.

"Yea yea, come in" I said, sounding more grumpy than usual. I opened the door wider and stepped to the side, allowing Gundham to enter. I closed the door behind him, seeing Gundham go and sit over on my bed. I went over and sat beside him, not too close since I know that he's not a fan of that.

"Is the great Overlord of Ice here to claim my territory?" I asked with a small giggle, running my fingers through my messy hair. He just simply nodded no, which was odd, since he'd usually respond with a determined remark.

"I have experienced what I give my enemies" he groaned, wiping his eyes again "what you mortals call, a nightmare". That explains the tear streaks. "Well, why did you come to me to say this, well, besides comfort?" I asked. I saw his cheeks darken as he looked away from my gaze, pulling his scarf up to his face. "Does he wear that thing to bed?".

"I may have grown a liking to you mortal" I heard him say, still looking away from me. That took a moment to sink in, then I felt a bit of heat rush to my face. "Does that mean.. you have a crush on me?" I asked him, my brow raising. I'm not going to lie, I have been crushing on him aswell, since we've gotten to this island.

I saw Gundham nod, turning back to me with his scarf still pulled up to his face. "Well.." I started, gathering my courage "I may or may not have a crush on you too". It was my turn to look away, incase he got mad or something. Instead, I felt his arms wrap around my chest and pull me into a hug, burying his face into the crook of my neck.

I stiffened up, not prepared for the surprise human contact. "My apologies for being out of character, I thought it was normal for mere humans to do stuff like this" I heard Gundham say. "Y-Yea, just warn me next time" I stuttered a bit, awkwardly reaching up and patting his shoulder. He pulled away, crossing his arms in front of his chest and averting his eyes.

"Well, you're allowed to stay here for the night, if you're scared to sleep alone" I offered, smiling a bit. "I would.. like that" he said. I layed back down on the bed, him settling right beside me with his back turned to me, I guess he does sleep with his scarf on. "Goodnight Gundham" I mumbled, drifting off to sleep.

(Time skip)
(3rd POV)

"Hey, where are those two bastards?" Fuyuhiko cursed, looking around the diner. Nobody had seen Hajime or Gundham all morning, and they're usually the first ones to get to the diner. "We should go search for them" Chiaki spoke up "they probably slept in". Chiaki, Sonia and Kazuichi all went to find them.

"I'll go check Gundham's cottage" Chiaki said, heading off in the direction of the cottage. "That means we shall check Hajime's cottage, let's go Kazuichi" Sonia announced, heading off in the other direction. "You got it Miss Sonia! You're so smart!" Kazuichi grinned, following her. They got to Hajime's cottage, Sonia knocking and opening the door, gasping in awe of what has happening in front of them.

Hajime and Gundham were cuddling, together, still asleep. Gundham had his arms around Hajime's torso with his face buried in the crook of his neck while Hajime had his arms around Gundham's waist with his chin resting atop his head. It was quite a cute sight. "Wh-Wh-Wh-What? What the fuck?" Kazuichi yelled, to which Sonia covered his mouth.

"Let's let them rest for now, they can join us later" she said, quietly closing the door "we can tell Chiaki and return to the diner". "Well, at least he isn't after Miss Sonia anymore!" Kazuichi thought, grinning as he followed Sonia. Sonia was fangirling hard on the inside.