1.

(5 years ago)
Drew

   "Hey my little blind buffalo!" I inwardly sighed knowing it was best friend

I absolutely hate that nickname but she'll never understand.
      "Hey Keish." I said with a small smile.
      "Bitch guess who's coming over to my house after their practice today!" She said typing away on her phone
       "Who?" I said responding with little to no enthusiasm but she was to wrapped up in her phone to even notice my response was drier than a Popeyes biscuit.
"Oh my bad girl I gotta go you know I gotta shave and shit" she said sticking out her tongue "bye bb!" She said walking swiftly out of the building and to her car.
  " Bye Kei."
  Ugh it's ok I'm doing fine Kei thanks for asking.
    I know what you guys might be thinking she's a horrible friend what the hell. But when you're a girl like me getting a friend at all is rare so you might as well take what you get. She's not terrible right ?
    As y'all can see I'm not the most confident person you'll ever met but I have my reasons! I've been bullied since I was in 7th grade for my dark skin, big ass with hips to match, and thick glasses. Bullying made me sort of insecure and anti social. I learned how to fix 2 of my problems with baggy clothing and contacts. I guess.
     "Ofgh!" I was snapped out of my deep thoughts by someone crashing hard into me making me fall and of course because things can't get worse! My fucking left contact fell out! That literally doesn't happen to anyone ever!
     "Oh shit!" I said scanning the floor for my contact which was impossible with only one good eye! At this point I'm not even worried about my back being on fire from being knocked down by an anonymous heavy figure . It's a struggle with one eye.
       "Bitch are you trying to injure my man fat ass! Baby you ok?!" Judging by the high pitched stupid ass voice it was Alana Moore. She was not only my bully since 7th grade, she took my only friend with her. I looked over to see her crouching down examining Benj.
        "I'm fine babe. Shit! Rew you good? I hit you kind of hard." Benj said looking at me apologetically while rubbing the back of his neck. I shuttered hearing him say my old nickname.
         "Y-yea I'm fine. I just sort of lost my contact." I said quietly still sort of looking for my contact.
          "Ugh pathetic." Alana said standing up rolling her eyes and walking away down the hall.
           Look Drew I'm sorry f- Babe!
"I gotta go but I'm sorry" Benj said before he ran off to catch up with The Bit-I mean Witch wait no I meant bitch!
With that I just turned and walked to the student parking.
          I walked all the way to the back of the parking lot and I found my baby. She's a silver 08' Honda Accord with tinted windows and blacked out rims. Not flashy but she's special to me!
          "Bitch it took you long enough! It's cold as shit." My lil sister Jordan said as she buckled her seatbelt.                            
            L"You literally have a whole ass key. Why didn't you just start the car and turn the heat on!" I said laughing while reaching in my center console to get my spare glasses and pulling out of the parking lot, heading home.
          "You know I can't touch any buttons in your car!" She said as she sat back crossing her arms
             "Hey mom!" I looked over to see Jordan on the phone.
                    Yeah I'll tell her.
                   What time? Ok.
              See ya later mom love you . Jordyn said hanging up with a sigh.
            "What happened?" I asked slightly concerned.
"Full family dinner at dad's house tonight." She said sitting back with her arms folded.    
            "What's wrong with that?" I said giggling at her child-like posture.
           "Dad said we have to dress up!" She whined. Like hell I am for sure not doing that!
               "Well it looks like I'm not going." I said pulling up to the house and parking my car.
             "Well sis it's at 6:00 sharp so you better figure it out!" She said opening the door at walking up the stairs to her bedroom. I groaned looking over at the clock seeing it was already 3:45 and my hair is going to take 2 hours alone if I want to look presentable.
              After a long much needed shower, shampoo, deep condition, blow dry and straightening. My hair came out completely trash so they are going to get this bun and not complain. After basically wasting about 2 hours on a bun I quickly did light makeup just something natural and threw on my lavender 2-piece my mom bought me a while back  and suggested I wear tonight.
              Oh no! She's out of her everlasting mind ! This 2-piece that my mom bought is ridiculous! It's completely skin tight! I can not wear this! I look like a wannabe big booty Judy! Oh hell!
             "Jordyn! Drew! Y'all better be ready! It's already 6:15 dad is going to kill us for being late!" Shit! No! I grabbed my purse and heels and ran down the stairs completely disregarding what I had on. When I got the bottom of the steps found my older sister Jaime mad as hell standing by the front door.
            "Mom and Momma J are already there!" She yelled as she stormed out to the car. Bitch you were late too tf!
       "Jordyn come on Jaime is about to leave us!" I yelled up the steps
         "I wish tf she would!" Jordyn said as she ran down the stairs. Jordyn ran to the car while made sure the house was locked and secured. We traveled  a measly 3 blocks to my dad's house . Ugh they really be trippin over nothing.
            We hopped out to the car and went in the house because we have keys duh. I have to admit my sisters look great! "Powerpuff girls take a seat!" "Yes dad." We all said in unison as we walked over to the very large dinner table.
             At one end of the table it was my dad the other my dad's wife Bridget. Sitting to the left of my dad Momma J who is Benj and my half-brother Tre's mom.   
           To my dad's right is my mom Danah which is also Jaime and Jordyn's mom. You can say we have a very blended family. My mom and Momma J have been bestfriends since Jordyn and Trey were born. Ironic I know but they truly felt there was no need to have beef with each other.
             "Nice of you girls to finally join us." My dad said sarcastically clapping. "Umm the boys aren't even here yet." Jordyn said defensively. "Don't do me I've been here." Tre said walking out the kitchen with a handful of cookies. "Tre really Bro! We are bout to eat!" Jordyn said snatching a cookie out of his hand making dad glare at both of them.
            "Sorry I'm late everybody! I had to pick up Jon."   Benj said walking in and taking a seat on the left side of the table next to his mom. "Hey everybody!" Jon said, taking the seat next to Tre. Jon has basically been adopted into this family blood couldn't make him any closer. "Now that everyone is here time to eat!" Everyone filled their plates with the soul food goodness and dove right in.
             "Rew?" "Yes dad." I said wiping my face and looking up from my plate. "We are in the house right now but sweetheart that dress is a little inappropriate." Fuck I forgot I had this on! Shoot me! "U-um mom bought this for me." I said slightly shrinking in my seat because my dad sucks at whispering so the whole table is now examining my attire. "Danah?" "What Lerenzo ? It was really cute and I wanted to push her out of her comfort zone." My mom said shutting him down. He just simply threw his hands up in defeat.
             "Well you guys are probably wondering why your here, Bridget and I are moving soon...... to London!" My dad said as he walked over to a beaming Bridget. I can't say I fully like Bridget but I also can't say I hate her tbh she's just there. "I wanted us all to be together before the big move in 2 weeks." My dad said with a warm smile.  "Excuse me I don't think I heard that right 2 weeks?!" My mom said sitting her napkin down. " I'm sorry but 2 weeks Lorenzo, this ain't no damn job you don't just put in your 2 weeks notice, We have kids!" Momma J said while standing up putting her hands on her hips.     
               " Kids why don't you guys go clean up the kitchen while the adults have a discussion." My mom said glaring at my dad. All the kids just looked around at each other and started picking up dishes. "Y'all sure you don't need a referee." Jon said looking back and forth between the parents eating and dinner roll. "Boy! Go do those damn dishes!" My mom said throwing her napkin at him and sending Jon scurrying into the kitchen with the rest of us.   
          Thank you goodness for a dishwasher! To make it go faster we hand washed the big stuff. "Bubbles when did you get a body?" Jon said dramatically looking me up and down. "Nigga shut up and put this fucking pot away!" Jordyn said laughing at his antics also helping me dodge the question. "And that's exactly why yo mean ass is Buttercup!" Jon said as Jordyn got ready to square up. "y'all don't ever get along!" B exclaimed chuckling. We now all stood in the kitchen laughing.   
             Being that I'm only 5'2 trying to put these dishes away was a task. " Aye you need help I gotchu." Benj said giving me a boost. Once my feet were secure on the ground I turned and said thank you. I mean my momma  didn't raise me to be rude like others! Cough cough... After I said thank you I felt myself being pulled into hug. Me being not rude I hugged him back. "I miss you Best." He said lowly still holding on. I backed up and looked at him like he was crazy."Nigga are you serious right now?" I took a step back to see if this nigga was actually serious. Judging by the dumb ass look on his face he was deadass. "Go talk to Alana and get the fuck out my face." I said walking out the kitchen. I couldn't deal with the bullshit right now.
Jonathan