Chapter 5

Bitz took both of my hands in his and moved closer to me. "Pixel... Will you.... Be my girlfriend?" he asked. "Well I... I um... I don't... I don't want to ruin.... I-I'm sorry. I need a minute," I said as I ran off. "Robin! Robin!" Bitz called. I just ignored him. I reached the car and sat on the hood, crying. 'What do I do?' I thought, 'I don't want to hurt him...'

     Mitchell came running after me. "Robin are you okay?! Why didn't you say 'yes'?" he asked, sitting down beside me. I wiped my tears and regained a somewhat normal breathing rate. "Because I..... It's complicated..." I said. "You are the least complicated person I know. Spit it out," he demanded. I sighed. "I don't think he'll be happy having me. Don't you remember what happened with Ty? He said I was arrogant and unappreciative and-" Mitchell cut me off halfway through my rant.

     "Ty doesn't matter. I made sure that you would never have to date someone like that again. Bitz is perfect for you. He has known you for like 12 years. I can tell that he wants you and only you to be his girlfriend. I know that you have feelings for him, too. Just say yes! It's not like he's asking you to marry him," Mitchell stated. I rolled my eyes, but I had to admit that he was right.

     My breathing still wasn't normal. It was really staggered and uneven. I guess it was nerves. Mitchell rubbed small circles on my back to calm me. "Thank you..." I said quietly. He chuckled and continued to rub my back. Bitz ran over within a few minutes. Connor was latched onto his back yet again. Bitz set him down and walked over to Mitchell and I. "Pixel I am so sorry. I didn't mean for this. I just wanted to know if you felt the same way or not. It's fine if you don't, I mean-" I shut him up by jumping down from the hood and kissing him on the lips. He was surprised at first, but he accepted it and kissed back.

     I pulled away and he was smiling like crazy. He caressed my cheek with his thumb and kissed me once more. Twice. Three times. Four times and I finally had to stop him. "Seriously Bitz. Calm yourself. I'm not going anywhere," I laughed. "I know. It's just that... It feels so perfect and I want to hold onto that feeling," he said. I smiled and dragged him into the car. Mitchell got into the driver's seat, Connor jumped into the passenger seat, Bitz and I got in the back seats, and we drove to a small ice cream shop in town.

~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~

     "Hey Mitch! Robin! Haven't seen you two in a while. Is that little Blake? Wow, you've all grown so much... and who's this little man?" Chuck Barkley said. He was the owner of the ice cream shop. Mitchell, Blake, and I went there every day when we were younger. "This champion right here is Connor. He's thirteen. Also, he's our little brother," I told Chuck. "Well it's nice to meet you, Connor. What kind of ice cream do you want?" Chuck asked. "What flavors do you have?" Connor asked. Chuck, Mitchell, Bitz, and I looked at each other and then back at Connor.

     "He doesn't know how things go down here. I'll give him the details," I said, picking up Connor and throwing him over my shoulder. I brought him to the back of the store and set him on one of the ice cream coolers. "Have you ever heard the Barkley Ice Cream song?" I asked him. "No," he said in return. I rolled my eyes and brought him back out to the front of the shop. "He's never heard the song," I announced. Chuck pressed a button on an old radio and the song started to play. The lyrics weren't playing, but that's the best part. You have to know the lyrics and sing it. Bitz, Mitchell and I knew it by heart.

     Once we finally got through with singing it Connor understood. "So... you have every flavor ever invented?" Connor asked. "And more!" Bitz chimed in. "Now, what flavor would you like?" Chuck asked for a final time. "Hmmm... Blueberry pancakes!" Connor said. Chuck smiled and pulled out two cones with blueberry pancake ice cream. He handed one to Connor and the other to Mitchell. "Just like your brother," Chuck said. He pulled out two more cones, one with lemon sherbet and the other with pumpkin pie flavored ice cream, to Bitz and I. Bitz went and sat down next to Mitchell and Connor.