09 (n)

[ 6:46 pm ]

you find yourself staring at the sumida river as the harsh summer night wind blows toward your way, making your dress sway to the right

you find yourself staring at the sumida river as the harsh summer night wind blows toward your way, making your dress sway to the right. quickly, you got hold of the hem and pulled it down, disturbing your sight-seeing from the top of the tokyo sky tree. the view gave you that chill evening vibe, with the accompaniment of the twinkling stars and the crescent moon illuminating in the dark blue sky.

the city lights reflected on the rippling river water. you peeked below to see better what's going down, now watching a couple of people preparing the firework display for tonight's festival. it was pretty chilly at your spot so you've decided to go back to the table with your family, hugging yourself in your light blue cardigan.

after walking through the throng of seated people, you've reached your table and sat down between your parents. "10 minutes left before the show!" your mother exclaimed, showing unfeigned excitement through her expressions. the other adults at the table agreed, checking their wristwatches now recognizing that it is already 6:50 pm.

kenma chose the seat across you. he is immersed in his phone, like usual. the orientation of the device was in portrait, and he doesn't seem to be playing a game, too. it just looks like he's typing as if he's texting somebody. throughout the entire wait, you took a few glances at the blond boy in front of you, confirming if he may or may not had also been checking you out. so far, he has not.

time passed, and it was already seven. you were enlivened about the display but you can't say that your night would be complete if kenma didn't watch the firework show with you. however, you've never spoken a word to him ever since you all commenced dinner. and dinner is already over. now, you're trying to muster up enough courage to ask him to watch the lovely fireworks with you by his side at the glass parapet.

you can do this. just ask him, it's that's easy! the fireworks started going off, shooting up in the sky. it created a loud boom and scattered a bright magenta spark, followed by another light green one. the sound shrieked and echoed, and you're still at the edge of your seat, debating whether you should ask your crush or not. the people had turned their heads toward the display, all thrilled and astounded by its radiating grace.

finally, you said it. "kenma, wanna watch it over there.. with uh, me?" you quietly asked, palms sweaty, and an awkward grin formed on your lips. kenma got his attention off his phone and responded to you.

"sure," he said, shoving his gadget in his pocket and rising from his seat. you felt your heart beating a hundred miles per hour as you stood and walked with the boy.

both of your parents were sat at the table 20 feet away from you. you eventually had a break from hiding your cheeks from everyone, now that you and kenma are facing the fireworks show, side by side. the two of you propped your arms on the metal bar of the parapet, and you don't know if you're the only one who's noticing, but your elbows are touching.

"it's nice up here, right?" you asked, attempting small talk. the boy looked your way, smiled a little, and brought his awareness back to the fireworks.

a/n : he was texting kuroo.