Fire Of Lies

Edward was now 39 which meant that Uma was 11 and Cayden was nine. David and Edward decided to take a small break since they didn't discover much over the years. The only information they gathered was that her blood was an ink like substance. That meant you could write with it and it would carry out the function of blood, so Uma wouldn't die. And Uma didn't exactly need to eat semian gems to stay alive. Because she was half human half demon human food was good for her but she still needed semian gems to keep her alive. If Uma are too much human food then she would be sick and if she didn't eat semian gems she lost a lot of weight and would starve. The longest time she went without semian gems was a month and her diet was milk and a small amount of steak.
Uma could also stand large amounts of pain. Well, "stand" isn't exactly the right word. She would feel the pain and scream, but she ended up surviving every time. They discovered this when David poured some boiling water on her arm.
Over the years, Uma became disfigured to the point where David kept her in her cell 24/7. She was basically paper white from blood lose and lack of sun, extremely gaunt since she wasn't fed properly and didn't exercise, and she had so many stitches to the point where she looked like a ragdoll.
One night, the village was set on fire. Edward was out of the village during that time, so he was fine. David told the authorities that Uma had went insane and set everything on fire. Even when rescuers were trying to put out the fire they found Uma with blood splatters and a bloody kitchen knife in her hand. Edward didn't believe that David was telling the truth or the entire truth, but there was no way to prove he was lying. He also claimed that Uma had stabbed him which Edward didn't doubt since he had the wound to prove and he understood why Uma would stab him.
David had his in his basement to escape the fire, and he survived mostly intact. Uma and Cayden burned to death including many other villagers. The village was abandoned and never rebuilt.
Edward visited the village frequently after the fire. He would visit David's old home, and clear out all of the alcohol. During that time he made a declaration. He was going to cut off all contact with David and pretend like nothing happened. Edward never confessed to his involvement and always bottled up those feelings. It was when he was alone at the abandoned village did he release some of those emotions. Edward still blames himself for everything and definitely gained some issues.
Since he left David Edward had no idea what David did with his life after the fire. Edward didn't understand how the Grim Reaper's punishment worked now that Uma was dead, but he didn't want to know. He didn't want to know what that thing was when he went to Uma's cell. Edward just wanted to forget everything, but it was hard since his brain constantly reminded him on a daily basis.
Four years later and Edward was 43. It was the first time he had heard anything about the Mavekos. This is when the main story starts.
A new kingdom had risen from the ashes and had a ball to celebrate. But a demon like woman had broken in and a relic was stolen. The demon woman referenced herself as Nameless Devil and she was obviously the main suspect.
While Edward was at the village he found three teenagers there. They claimed to be three other suspects, and they were assigned to find Nameless Devil. They had figured out that she used to live in David's house, but they didn't know her identity or David's. When they showed him the police sketch of Nameless Devil Edward had enough evidence to conclude that Nameless Devil was Uma. She looked like she was a teenager which matched with Uma's age, she had many stitches, and they claimed she could conjure purple fire. Edward didn't say his theory since he wanted to be as uninvolved as he possibly could.
He thought that the Grim Reaper had actually kept Uma alive and that she was now working for time. He didn't bother to try and figure it out anymore because of his declaration, but that never really worked out for him in the end.