𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟦

𝚁𝚎𝚒𝚔𝚘 𝙺𝚞𝚛𝚊𝚗

As we walked through the door of the living room, hands together, we saw our parents and a child around our age. I took in his appearance, 'I believe I recognize him.'

"Kaname, Reiko, this is your cousin, Senri Shiki," Haruka said, giving a gentle push on the boy's shoulder, "Senri-kun, these are my children," he finished with a soft smile on his face.

"Hello, Kaname-sama, Reiko-sama," Shiki said softly, an impassive expression on his face. I was a little surprised. Usually, anyone held at least one emotion on their face when meeting us – awestruck, enthrall, hatefulness, jealousy. This child – 'while I am calling him a child, in my current life we are about the same age so it might be a good idea not to let it slip or else someone is going to be offended' – was expressionless.

'I remember now! He's the one that is going to be possessed by Rido in the future,' I recalled while looking at his chibi face, finally knowing where the feeling of familiarity was originating from.

"Hello, it's nice to meet you," I heard Kaname say in a soft voice.

I realized that I hadn't said anything yet, I was distracted, lost in my thoughts, so I smiled, "Hello, I'm pleased to meet you, would you like some pocky?" My voice, as soft as my twin's – 'because we are still so young' – flew around the room.

My family's eyes opened more out of surprise, 'I never, and I mean NEVER, share my pocky, especially the chocolate ones. Of course, I may share one or two with Kaname, but that's just twin privileges.'

I offered some to Shiki because I knew how much he loved them, and it was the best way to break the ice with him. I wanted to get to know him since he was one of my favorite characters. I intended to be friends with him, and in the future, I would do what I could to make sure Rido couldn't use him.

I didn't think I could change his life at his house with his mother, but what I could do was make sure he knew he had someone that cared about him, to do that his visits were crucial for my plan to succeed!

What he said next, however, may ruin my plans and, at the same time, shocked me to the core.

"Pocky?" Shiki said with his head tilted to the side, "What's that?"

I couldn't control my reaction. My brother, naturally, knew what was coming and could only let out a sigh of affection, giving Shiki a now-you-have-done-it look.

"WHAT?" I shouted and, in doing so, losing the air of calmness that was around me.

'How is this possible? I clearly remember him loving this stuff just as much as I do now. – In my past life, I didn't get the opportunity of tasting it. I didn't taste a lot of things – Wait! Could it be he hasn't discovered this great treasure? Well, that won't do! Sooner or later, he's going to love it, so it doesn't hurt to introduce it to him now.'

Shiki looked a little startled at my outburst. If the situation wasn't serious, I would feel accomplished for making him show a little emotion.

"We don't have time to waste! I'm going to show you your future favorite food!" I walked to him, grabbed his hand, and led him out of the room towards the kitchen. Shiki didn't complain and let me do as I wished.

With that, we left the room leaving behind not only my amused and surprised parents but also my brother, who had an impassive expression on his face.

𝙺𝚊𝚗𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝙺𝚞𝚛𝚊𝚗

My parents were watching me with a knowing look in their eyes. My mother approached me and bowed down to be at my eye level. Staring in my eyes for a moment she said in a soft and melodic voice, "Kaname, it's alright if you don't like your sister spending time with another that isn't you. It is perfectly normal to feel that way."